Crops thallowing 5 days before winter

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Crops thallowing 5 days before winter

Postby Zyean » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:25 am

Is there some issue with the recent change to make summer 5 days longer that the crops still think it's winter even though there's 5 more days of autumn?

Zyean

Re: Crops thallowing 5 days before winter

Postby shubla » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:28 am

In RL, sometimes frost that destroys your crops may come during autumn or even summer.
It may be that this is intended mechanic to simulate this, to model in the exhausting nature of farming.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Mashadar » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:26 pm

I noticed only those crops that I haven't harvested for several weeks went fallow, so I figured this might be an intended new mechanic that is unrelated to winter.
Mashadar

Postby abt79 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:13 pm

game broke in a pretty terrible way? I sleep.

time to add unnecessary tedium to glassmaking? Dev time!
abt79

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:14 pm

shubla wrote:In RL, sometimes frost that destroys your crops may come during autumn or even summer.
It may be that this is intended mechanic to simulate this, to model in the exhausting nature of farming.

well, the difference here is that it is not the RL, but the game called HnH where we have seasons with descriptions from devs, and when some objects don't behave in descripted way - that's called a bug, no matter how the thing going in RL.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby AHONEN » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:23 am

Mashadar wrote:I noticed only those crops that I haven't harvested for several weeks went fallow, so I figured this might be an intended new mechanic that is unrelated to winter.

Kind of same here,

(1)New crops which are harvested regularly => didn't go fallow at all, or maybe the risk is very low
(2)Old crops planted at the first day of spring => went fallow
(3)Old crops planted at probably early summer => went fallow at almost the same time with (2)

So I guess there is a threshold for "old crops" and if they're old they have a risk of going fallow in the last 5 days of autumn.
AHONEN

Postby DPblH » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:01 pm

There is nothing about "old" crops. All crops that wasn't replanted after summer extending patch have old "knowledge" about seasons.
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

Return to Bugs