cant move after a minute or so of loading up game

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

cant move after a minute or so of loading up game

Postby insanechef » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:43 pm

i can move within a minute of starting the game but then i cant move and can only port to hearth
insanechef

Re: cant move after a minute or so of loading up game

Postby vatas » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:58 pm

Which client are you using?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby insanechef » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:37 am

The original client
insanechef

Postby aimadness » Thu May 13, 2021 3:36 pm

I have exactly the same bug on my laptop. I tried Ender and original client - the behavior is the same, after some time I can't click on anything except the UI buttons like inventory. I can move things in my back pack. But cant move character by clicking or interact with objects like trees. Any idea what maybe the root cause?
aimadness

Postby MagicManICT » Thu May 13, 2021 6:30 pm

Looks like a similar issue that loftar has been trying to debug. Check out this post from loftar and follow the instructions.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby timmybigbooty » Thu May 13, 2021 8:42 pm

I had this problem, but after I finally bit the bullet and upgraded from windows 7 to 10 a couple days ago, it fixed it. Also, it's possible you still can get that upgrade for free if you google for it.

extra bit of info: After installing 10, one of the 1st things that popped up was a box that said removing app catalyst control center because incompatibility. But seeing that many with this problem had amd's I figured I'd put this out there.
timmybigbooty

Postby vatas » Thu May 13, 2021 9:38 pm

timmybigbooty wrote:I had this problem, but after I finally bit the bullet and upgraded from windows 7 to 10, it fixed it. Also, it's possible you still can get that upgrade for free if you google for it.

I think it's very likely, Microsoft really wants people to upgrade for security and other less benign reasons.

However is you're using "unregistered" version, the upgrade results the small notification text, on the corner of the wallpaper, changing into big "activate Windows" -watermark that's visible on every window and application. on your screen. You may be able to ignore it but if you play older games, their smaller resolution results the watermark becoming larger, taking up to quarter of the screen.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Return to Bugs