driver problems

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: driver problems

Postby Theaamour » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:34 am

loftar wrote:
Theaamour wrote:https://prnt.sc/vyagk7 hi i tried update my drivers but there is no more driver for me

What do you mean, more specifically, when you say that "there is no more driver" for you?

The error description quoted in that link indicates that you're not using the driver from your GPU manufacturer (Intel), but rather the built-in default drivers that come with Windows, which don't support OpenGL.

hi sorry i wasnt looking for forum when i was look into intel's website i see last driver was on 2016 and i cant download but i find it already but when i install it same problem still occurs i have win 10 and 64 bit lastest version of java i know my other pc is not good but i think its not that bad i tried lot of thing (3 or 4 hours) but i cant do it so thats why i wrote topic here
Theaamour

Postby loftar » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:26 pm

Are you sure it's the exact same problem after you installed the driver as it was before? Even if it's still crashing, it could be for a new reason.

Alternatively, could you run the OpenGL extensions viewer, and post the contents of the "Summary"?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Theaamour » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:30 pm

loftar wrote:Are you sure it's the exact same problem after you installed the driver as it was before? Even if it's still crashing, it could be for a new reason.

Alternatively, could you run the OpenGL extensions viewer, and post the contents of the "Summary"?

https://prnt.sc/w2do7m here there is opengl 3.1
Theaamour

Postby loftar » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:05 pm

Theaamour wrote:https://prnt.sc/w2do7m here there is opengl 3.1

Right. In that case, I would assume that the error window has gone from displaying the text you posted in the OP to saying something like "your video card is too old". The client requires two things from the OpenGL driver: 1) Support for at least OpenGL 3.0 (which you have) and 2) support for a core profile, as opposed to a compatibility profile. I can't tell from just that screenshot you linked, but support for core profiles wasn't made mandatory until OpenGL 3.2, so it's possible that 3.0 and 3.1 drivers only support compatibility profiles. If I'm right and that is the reason for your error, then I don't think there's much that can be done about that.

(Except switching to Linux, which does support OpenGL 3.3 on your GPU. ^^)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Theaamour » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:14 pm

loftar wrote:
Theaamour wrote:https://prnt.sc/w2do7m here there is opengl 3.1

Right. In that case, I would assume that the error window has gone from displaying the text you posted in the OP to saying something like "your video card is too old". The client requires two things from the OpenGL driver: 1) Support for at least OpenGL 3.0 (which you have) and 2) support for a core profile, as opposed to a compatibility profile. I can't tell from just that screenshot you linked, but support for core profiles wasn't made mandatory until OpenGL 3.2, so it's possible that 3.0 and 3.1 drivers only support compatibility profiles. If I'm right and that is the reason for your error, then I don't think there's much that can be done about that.

(Except switching to Linux, which does support OpenGL 3.3 on your GPU. ^^)

thank you for your help i have one or two trump card if i can do ill play both work and home if i cant well i can only play on home :lol:
Theaamour

Previous

Return to Bugs