Quest Giver Directions with Bad Cam.

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Quest Giver Directions with Bad Cam.

Postby mvgulik » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:28 am

Bad/Ambiguous/Annoying Quest Giver Direction's with Bad Cam.
Can I have one direction only, please.

Lets see ...
Probably not going to be fixed due it it being a cam-bad issue, instead of cam-devs-preferred issue.
Post might not even be read by other side due to the fact the title contains the text 'bad cam'.
So its probably up to custom clients to fix this on there own, for which some might need a 'deny of intent to fix' by the other side to even take that in consideration.
... I'm sure there are some other lines of thought, that might be extruded by a lack of responsiveness from the other side, that I overlooked. (What ? "Devs ways are always mysterious". ... perhaps)

Ain't internet nice.
A system to connect Millions and Billions of individuals.
To bad that that has also, I guess unforeseen, basic market side effects.
(Anthill: A wonder of nature. But than again there not trying to juggling unsustainable trilemma's that keep crashing there towers)
mvgulik

Re: Quest Giver Directions with Bad Cam.

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:01 pm

Yeah, I remember loftar said the "bad" camera is not supported.

What you have to do to know the true direction of the quest giver is to look top-down at the ground, at a 90 degree angle if you will.

Ardennes had this bug fixed in his client in world 11 somehow.

IIRC this bug pops up when the quest giver is beyond some number of tiles, and you're looking at the opposite half/direction from it (it just gets flipped), but doing the top-down thing will always show it's right direction.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Re: Quest Giver Directions with Bad Cam.

Postby mvgulik » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:12 pm

Nightdawg wrote:What you have to do to know the true direction of the quest giver is to look top-down at the ground, at a 90 degree angle if you will.

Yea, I know.
Its just so annoying to see such official lack for addressing annoying game-play bugs like these. :|
---
... note about this added on RoB.
mvgulik

Return to Bugs