New map needs debugging

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

New map needs debugging

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:03 am

Fresh hafen install (I literally cleared every cached thing in %appdata% today)
Loftar/Vanilla client

- Map tiles don't really load when you zoom out
- At some point my marker and everything around me vanished from the map (I found my marker somewhere far away from my actual location, and that area was not even explored. Nothing could fix this except relogging. (I could not reproduce this so far).

- I got this error at some point, and I have no clue what it is about:
mapfile warning: error when loading grid c450e0b2d6848b6e: haven.StreamMessage$IOError: java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file
Unknown zoomgrid data version for (48, 54) in d55a24c9173c1bed@1: haven.StreamMessage$IOError: java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the filemapfile warning: error when loading grid 3420f6f8688118a9: haven.StreamMessage$IOError: java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file
mapfile warning: error when loading grid b562082a772233b: haven.StreamMessage$IOError: java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file

Are there any hidden console commands I can enable to help you with the debugging?
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Re: New map needs debugging

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:41 pm

I got this error message again, in the system chat, when I zoomed out on the map (it looks different this time):

mapfile warning: error when loading grid b5fa386c563a38c6: haven.StreamMessage$IOError: java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file
mapfile warning: error when loading grid b891e22ff83361df: haven.StreamMessage$IOError: java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file
mapfile warning: error when loading grid 75977f4a3e020f7a: haven.StreamMessage$IOError: java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file
Unknown zoomgrid data version for (36, 46) in d55a24c9173c1bed@1: haven.StreamMessage$IOError: java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the fileUnknown zoomgrid data version for (42, 40) in d55a24c9173c1bed@1: haven.StreamMessage$IOError: java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the fileUnknown zoomgrid data version for (44, 40) in d55a24c9173c1bed@2: haven.StreamMessage$IOError: java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the filemapfile warning: error when loading grid b4f58ec0c561177: haven.StreamMessage$IOError: java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file
Nightdawg

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:02 pm

Nightdawg wrote:- At some point my marker and everything around me vanished from the map (I found my marker somewhere far away from my actual location, and that area was not even explored. Nothing could fix this except relogging. (I could not reproduce this so far).

This happened again, but in different circumstances, here's a video showing how it looks: https://youtu.be/n7TxYv8W71o

This time it happened when I entered a cave. It got fixed when I went out, and it didn't happen again when I went back in. The only odd thing that happened when I went back in was that I had to click on the home button again to center the map on me.

This error popped up in the system log, after I re-entered the cave a couple of times, after the video ends:

Unknown zoomgrid data version for (56, 22) in d55a24c9173c1bed@1: haven.StreamMessage$IOError: java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the filemapfile warning: error when loading grid 90423d66b3e4449a: haven.StreamMessage$IOError: java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file

EDIT: I decided to just walk around and record to see how some of these errors also pop up, they started happening more often: https://youtu.be/YtHfEUzM97I
Nightdawg

Postby Phaen » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:44 pm

My player Arrow disappeared too when I canceled a travel to Hearthfire.

I got it back by restarting the client. I'll try to see what reliably triggers it next time I'm on
Phaen

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:04 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX6ChQZVU7k

I think this time the bug happened once my map tiles connected to the map previously discovered. Also the bug got fixed on its own while running around for a little?
Nightdawg

Postby loftar » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:13 pm

Nightdawg wrote:- I got this error at some point, and I have no clue what it is about:

I've seen those errors occur for some people, and I've been trying to figure out why, but I've had absolutely no luck. It seems to be a problem that only occurs on Windows, and only for some people, but it shouldn't be possible for "another process" to have locked the files in question, because these files should be private to the Haven client and I don't see why any other process should be locking them. Would it be possible for you to make local code changes to the client in order to dump the complete stack traces?

Nightdawg wrote:- At some point my marker and everything around me vanished from the map

This problem I've had myself, though, so I don't think it is related to the errors mentioned. I too got rid of it by just walking around. I've only encountered it once, however, and I don't currently see how I would debug it without being able to reproduce it locally again.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby iamahh » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:20 pm

I was having those OP Exceptions and some crazy bugs, later I found out my HDD was dying of old age, got a new drive and the bug and Exceptions are gone

not saying it's the same, and I'm using Linux now, but maybe do a health check on that HDD if out of options
Last edited by iamahh on Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iamahh

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:23 pm

loftar wrote:It seems to be a problem that only occurs on Windows

I do have a very outdated version of windows 10, I wonder if these other people do too, that might be the cause.

loftar wrote:Would it be possible for you to make local code changes to the client in order to dump the complete stack traces?

I have no clue how to do that, unless you can give me the code and tell me in which class I should paste it xD
Nightdawg

Postby shubla » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:32 pm

I can confirm that there are problems with player markers randomly just disappearing.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Return to Bugs