Can't use crediential to get into game

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Can't use crediential to get into game

Postby nero1141 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:38 pm

Hi! yesterday i leaved my client running at night with a music script attached to annoy my fellow villagers.
its the only thing that i can think off as a case to this situation:

when i try to log in using my credientials( custom client and vanilla one) i got "connection timeout: connect" error.
I can log in only when i download fresh "autohaven.jar" from the site and start with it. but its a bit problematic for me so i ask for solution please...

i tried flushing my dns, reinstaling java, deleting haven %appdata% folders and even register entires nothing helped.
nero1141

Re: Can't use crediential to get into game

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:13 am

The only things I can think of at them moment:

Reboot the computer; reboot the router (if you have access to it). If you do not have access to it, what sort of Internet connection do you have? Personal? Work? School? If anything other than personal, you might check with the administrator about possibly getting the connection checked or if something may have gotten blocked.

Verify the router or other security software/hardware can access the website and appropriate ports. Haven uses ports TCP 1871 and UDP 1870.

Beyond this, it may be a server/account issue that loftar needs to resolve. It might be a middle connection issue that you cannot resolve. I'll notify loftar just in case he does need to do anything. That you can connect via the Play button does seem a bit odd, as most often when this error comes up, players can't connect at all.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby nero1141 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:32 pm

I have my own personal network, rebooted everyting, was looking at router settings and i didnt see that anything changed since two days ago.
i can accesss website but i dont know how to check if i can access these ports.

Got the same problem on second computer. can connet throught "play" button but not with credientials, tried to make new account its the same,
a friend of mine can log to my account so it seems like my ip is banned, dont know why, it its my ISP or something, but i can play on vanilla client when i bypass the login step throught the "play" button so dosent seems like the case...

Are auth server and game server two separate things?
Last edited by nero1141 on Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nero1141

Postby nero1141 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:16 pm

I can connect through VPN normally, but on free its so slow that i cant really play anyway
nero1141

Postby loftar » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:07 pm

Right. Your music script was broken and kept spamming my log display with authentication messages at a high rate, so I blocked you at the firewall from the auth server. My intention was to remove the block a day later or so, but I forgot about it. Consider yourself unblocked.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Return to Bugs