Graphical Atrifacts on Radeon cards.

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: Graphical Atrifacts on Radeon cards.

Postby MurderAlt » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:51 pm

This bug is fairly annoying and common if you're doing things like silk and constantly opening cb's. Shadows turned off.
Attachments
meccalecca.png
meccalecca.png (144.76 KiB) Viewed 246 times
sys2.png
sys2.png (3.65 KiB) Viewed 246 times
sys1.png
sys1.png (8.98 KiB) Viewed 246 times
Hustlinguistics
Oddgorod Kill Squad

"Beware of such friendly neighbors"
MurderAlt

Postby Pills » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:24 pm

Issue still exists,

Radeon 5700XT,
Latest drivers

Pills

Postby loftar » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:34 pm

Pills wrote:Issue still exists,

Is it always like this, or does it start happening after a while? Does it happen to all objects of some certain type, or just some of them? Is it fixed by a restart? Any other such details?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Pills » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:35 pm

loftar wrote:
Pills wrote:Issue still exists,

Is it always like this, or does it start happening after a while? Does it happen to all objects of some certain type, or just some of them? Is it fixed by a restart? Any other such details?

Its not always like this and its only with cupboards, and not 100% repeatable. Restart fixes it, but just reloading the gobs (going out and in a building) doesn't.
I think its triggered by the open/close animation somehow, as its always when i interact with one that it happens, never just from a cupboard just existing. I will try to capture a video of it next time it happens for me.
Pills

Postby Mysia » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:03 pm

i get this shit all day every day and i drives me nuts. but after so long struggling, i have accepted xD

for me going out the door fixes it.
I could not tell you how many times i cannot see the screen because its bugging out and im blind clicking for that fucking door like please please just get outside lol

loftar i send u pm of a video recreating bug and showing how it works
Mysia

Postby loftar » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:50 pm

Mysia wrote:loftar i send u pm of a video recreating bug and showing how it works

Thanks for the video. Real weird shit. Not at all sure what to make of it right now.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Kearn » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:57 pm

i get this issue too. almost always with cupboards, but just had it happen today with barrels also. both barrels in view (one with tar, one with water) simultaneously started having this problem. issue went away for both after i opened one of them again
Kearn

Postby Pills » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:54 pm

Its happening with metal chests now too.

I'm not 100% certain but it look slike the texture is the "contents" of the chests and cupboards if that helps trying to figure out whats breaking.

In this instance it happened when I lifted a chest. Typically its opening cupboards that triggers it for me. Its also not as rare as I thought, i run into this issue atleast 2 or 3 times a day. Sometimes going in/out a building will fix it. sometimes its not even possible to do that because the entire screen is taken over by shit.

This is also on the new render pipeline if that has any impact. Y'all should just drop the old one already :D
Pills

Postby Malkiah » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:45 am

Man I totally forgot about this bug. I had always chalked it up to running a custom client as the issue and really never thought much of it or said anything. Crazy to see other AMD guys getting it, so I wasn't alone.

I had the following cards in 2019/2020 when I would experience this bug.

Radeon RX 470 8GB
Radeon RX 590 Fatboy Edition 8GB

I have since then purchased an nVidia gaming laptop and don't encounter the issue. I recall typing something into the console with the [:] character, and doing this twice to get the bug to go away. I can't for the life of me remember what it was I would type.
Malkiah

Postby Pills » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:01 pm

Had it happen on a chest outside for the first time today.

pretty certain its the thing that fills chests/cupboards etc since its alway that texture spamming it.

Pills

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs