Crafted highq spitroast - bugged and can't use

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Crafted highq spitroast - bugged and can't use

Postby Laborman5 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:10 am

I crafted a highq spitroast to my inventory. The game would not let me left click it to my hand so that I could place it on a fireplace.
I then tried dropping it and picking it back up. I can now no longer even pick it up, but the 2 other low quality spitroasts I have drop and pick up just fine. My alt can't pick it up either. Infuriating since I obviously used my highq leather for the straps to make it.

https://imgur.com/a/ZdvOd24

found another relevant post:
viewtopic.php?t=63045
Laborman5

Re: Crafted highq spitroast - bugged and can't use

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:08 am

lol it's okay to try and dupe your spitroast, but don't leave misleading bug reports without steps to reproduce
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Laborman5 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:43 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:lol it's okay to try and dupe your spitroast, but don't leave misleading bug reports without steps to reproduce

I literally have no idea what caused it or how to reproduce it nor did I even ask for another one since I can just wait for hides to dry and craft another. I crafted it from hide straps sticks and cant remember what type of log, spruce maybe, inside of a stonestead. Bug might be related to number of inventory slots open when crafting. I am on unverified account with no sacks equipped during craft. I think I crafted it from my inventory without any containers opened.
Laborman5

Postby lordgrunt » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:34 pm

did it fall under something? it might look like easy to pickup but can be intersecting with cupboard or w/e
lordgrunt

Postby Laborman5 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:27 pm

lordgrunt wrote:did it fall under something? it might look like easy to pickup but can be intersecting with cupboard or w/e

100% no check the imgur link plenty of space all around it. When I shift right clicked another dropped spitroast it would walk right on top of the item and do nothing. I will try to reproduce and record my findings later tonight. I also tried anything like restarting my game and using different characters and accounts to pick it up to no avail. The issue started before I dropped it too. I literally could not interact with it in my inventory. Really weird and annoying bug.
Laborman5

Postby Laborman5 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:43 pm

Necroing this thread because I am sure this bug still exists. I have no idea why it's so rare or hard to reproduce or why other items are not affected but I know it can happen when a spitroast is dropped.

Here is another thread with the same issue I had:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=62476&p=792937&hilit=spitroast+despawned&sid=f529a45c6a9f43facfb74e6d18b30f7d#p792937
Laborman5

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:46 pm

I've had basically this exact same thing happen with a gridiron, too. With the gridiron, I speculate that it was caused by somehow getting it to turn back into an item while it still thought it contained items.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Laborman5 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:53 pm

Audiosmurf wrote:I've had basically this exact same thing happen with a gridiron, too. With the gridiron, I speculate that it was caused by somehow getting it to turn back into an item while it still thought it contained items.

I agree because of this: "The issue started before I dropped it too. I literally could not interact with it in my inventory."
It's been a while but I remember I crafted it in the house, walked outside, tried to use it but couldn't, so tried to drop it as a troubleshooting step which then was the end because I couldn't pick it back up.
Laborman5

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:12 pm

first step to troubleshooting things should be to close your client and open loftar's vanilla client and check whatever you're doing
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Return to Bugs