World broken

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

World broken

Postby Snakeyyy » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:06 pm

Please restart to new world, this one is broken
Snakeyyy

Re: World broken

Postby Snakeyyy » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:44 pm

Seriously, everyone wants this
Snakeyyy

Postby pawnchito » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:52 pm

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=57497&start=1640

Probably should unlock the only world reset thread.

Also, nah fam you silly.
pawnchito

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:10 pm

I was unironically down for a new world less than an hour after this world launched when we realized spawns weren't centralized. It was very obvious from the start this world would be dead in terms of conflict.

TFW 1.7k pop or something and when scouting on a dozen chars you literally don't see anybody for over an hour
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby pawnchito » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:14 pm

i stumbled on about 50 of ozzys dudes within the first 20 minutes of starting. maybe they threw you in the sin bin for a while.
pawnchito

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:20 pm

We ended up settling not too far from Ozzy. It's pretty obvious my group was an outlier in terms of how few people we saw initially, but it's undeniable compared to previous worlds the population density was INSANELY low.

0 people in the first hour in world 14 vs. >100 people in the first hour world 12 is an ABSURD difference
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
SnuggleSnail

Postby Sevenless » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:40 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:We ended up settling not too far from Ozzy. It's pretty obvious my group was an outlier in terms of how few people we saw initially, but it's undeniable compared to previous worlds the population density was INSANELY low.

0 people in the first hour in world 14 vs. >100 people in the first hour world 12 is an ABSURD difference

Last world on the left, roughly 60% spawnable. Current world on the right, roughly 80% spawnable. Pardon the art.

Most people didn't seem to mind it tbh, I don't think it really impacted population numbers one way or the other. Which is suprising, you'd think it would have a notable effect either harder to find hermit koing making hermits happier, or less neighbours making hermits unhappier.

Faction boys always quit in the same timescale it seems.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby SnuggleSnail » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:53 pm

The main two fractions lasted about twice as long in W12, and world 11 was dead after like 1 month. The nearest village to mine that might fight us was nearly an hour snekkja ride away this world, and it made things a lot less fun for me. Felt exactly like world 11, tbh.

I rly feel like world 12 spawning was ideal. If you're from a group like mine, or a hermit that wants to actually be around people stay on central cont. If you want to play single-player fuck off to west cont and you'll literally never see anybody. I don't see why taking the freedom away to choose was the decision made, but I guess it also wasn't rly a decision for a lot of people in W12 because nobody realized what was up before people built their bases. The joy of discovery \o/
SnuggleSnail

Postby HarryDresden » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:19 pm

There's a happy medium for spawning but we haven't found it yet.

I like the idea of spawning in a central continent and then having the choice to fuck off to the forever the most I think. It gives people the option of playstyle, but it's hard to balance it for a non-clusterfuck like w4. It's weird to me that the algo is prone to spawning giant landmasses with very few archipelagos and things of that nature.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Return to Bugs