horrible lags that blocks rendering

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

horrible lags that blocks rendering

Postby SiO2 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:58 pm

Hi! I experience some sort of weird lags for quite a while. After consulting and debugging with my modder-friend we came to conclusion that they happens when pool of defer-workers gets overflowed sometimes and, due to my too good PC (24 threads) big pool makes a total mess. Temporally I hardcoded "maxthreads" down to 6 and it solved the issue made game bearable. However I think I should draw some attention of developers over there. I know, there might be no elegant solution, but please fix it if possible.
Bronies for life /)
SiO2

Re: horrible lags that blocks rendering

Postby displaced » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:26 am

Is that a thing in the official client / ender or in another client?
displaced

Postby SiO2 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:52 pm

I use Nurgling. However those lags are observable on official client as well. Mentioned above piece of the code belongs to the core client.
Bronies for life /)
SiO2

Postby Mashadar » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:11 pm

Yeah, it rarely makes sense to use all available cores, at least for latency-sensitive workloads, since even a single background process using a CPU core can throw off things significantly. Using the HT cores can also do more harm than good for certain workloads.

So
Code: Select all
private final int maxthreads = Math.max(2, Math.min(6, Runtime.getRuntime().availableProcessors() / 2));

may be a decent compromise.
Mashadar

Return to Bugs