Low FPS

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Low FPS

Postby Fanasuul » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:22 pm

Hi,
I have a Problem since the last update. The game is running on very low FPS unless I reduce the window to approximately 1/4 of the monitor size (resolution: 2560x1440) and turn off shadow rendering. This happens with both the vanilla as well as Ender Client but is worse with the Ende Client. Also it is better inside of a Building.
I Have a Geforce GTX 1650 with the latest drivers 531.41 dating 23.03.2023. I am not sure whether this drop came after the latest client update or driver update.
I have tried removing preferences by deleting the Registry as suggested for a different problem here as well as downloading the client and running it from a different Folder to remove the settings both things didn’t work.
The Task-Manager shows a usage of 1GB of Memory and about 30% CPU and 20% GPU usage for the javaw.exe (which is Eclipse Adoptium\jdk-17.0.6.10-hotspot) which still have unused resources left.
Can I change something for H&H to run better?
Fanasuul

Re: Low FPS

Postby sMartins » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:29 pm

Not sure ... but I think it's the new driver, happened to me some time ago.

Try to go into your nvidia control panel, 3d settings and disable everything for java ... if it works you can test which specific setting cause the issue.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Re: Low FPS

Postby Fanasuul » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:30 pm

The 3D Settings helped a bit.b Right now I installed the older Nvidia Driver (531.29) it halped. I just hope the next one has no issue
Fanasuul

Return to Bugs