Alchemy ingredients not accepted + workaround

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Alchemy ingredients not accepted + workaround

Postby Alayah » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:44 am

Hello,
so im bumbling around with alchemy and with Mushroom Decoction there seems to be a weird bug and not all ingredients are accepted at first.

I did the following: Mineral calcination (Diorite + Slag), Herbal Grind (Bloodstern +Lingonberries) then i tried to grab an oyster mushroom and do a herbal decotion. Using an equipped alchemist table and with the oyster mushroom added to the inventory, some of the other ingredients are not highlightes as green anymore and the mushroom is instead (A). Yet, i get the error "you dont have all the ingredients", even though everything is there. Without oyster mushroom the mineral calcination and herbal grind are accepted (highlighted as green) again (B in pic).
If i put everything into a cupboard, all ingredients get accepted (C). If i move it to the inventory all ingredients are accepted and i can perform the mushroom decoction at the alchemy table to an elixier as expected.

I repeated this with other recipes such 2 herbal grinds and an oyster mushroom or different mushroom and i saw the same issue and workaround.
Attachments
Alch.png
Alch.png (135.14 KiB) Viewed 238 times
Alayah

Re: Alchemy ingredients not accepted + workaround

Postby Spinnner » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:09 pm

I'd suggest much easyer workaround: in case A lift mushroom to cursor and put back it in your sack.

Cause: @ picture A mushroom considered as ingridient, not as the base of your potion. And you lack another mushroom to fulfill requrements therefore.
Spinnner

Postby Olympus » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:07 am

The crafting menu chooses items from left to right. So it will look for a clay pot first, salt water, the two reagents and then finally a mushroom.
The inventory is chosen from since most recently added, so in the case of A the clay pot is chosen, the salt water,
and then the first reagent chosen is the oyster mushroom, second is the herbal grind. Finally it looks for a mushroom and tells you that you don't have one.
B simply doesn't work because you don't have a mushroom in the first place.
C works because you put the mushroom into your container first, so the mushroom is seen last due to the order items are checked, as I've described.
Olympus

Postby EnderWiggin » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:26 am

While this is fine for regular recipes where there's not much overlap between types of ingredients, this is unacceptable for alchemy, where many components overlap and order of them is very important. We need to have proper interface with slots to put ingredients in that clearly indicates order and whatnot.
EnderWiggin

Postby Olympus » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:49 am

EnderWiggin wrote:While this is fine for regular recipes where there's not much overlap between types of ingredients, this is unacceptable for alchemy, where many components overlap and order of them is very important. We need to have proper interface with slots to put ingredients in that clearly indicates order and whatnot.

I agree. I've personally been dreaming of the ability to choose which items I want selected easier. It requires a lot of brain power and planning right now.
Olympus

Return to Bugs