Items not loading around swamps

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Items not loading around swamps

Postby Harunobu » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:07 pm

This seems to be a bug. We all know that swamps sometimes are very empty, with no items around.
So there's no dragonflies, no reets, etc.

However, I now noticed that boats and crates around a swamp can disappear.
Additionally, it seems that at least sometimes, they can reappear later. Of course the dragonflies will appear again later. But the same for the boats. So it is not a spawning issue.

So something about the code that loads the map is not loading the items that are actually there.
Harunobu

Re: Items not loading around swamps

Postby Reiber » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:45 pm

there is currently an bug with many clients that prevents minimap icons to show up after loggin in, just enter/leave an cave or house or burrow to fix it,
so if you are checking swamps just logging in on your swamp alt that might be an problem,

there is also an chance someone logged their swamp alt in, 5 minutes before you, picked all the dragonflys and took the boat , parking it back at the swamp later,
Reiber

Re: Items not loading around swamps

Postby Harunobu » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:39 pm

It is possible that someone did take my boat in just one minute of time while I didn't see anyone here for days AND that I misremebered where I put some other items.
But for sure no one is removing all dragonfly AND cattails from an entire swamp.

Seems unlikely to be a client-side bug. But possible. But it is not a minimap-only issue.
Harunobu

Return to Bugs