Email service is not working

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Email service is not working

Postby GabrielSantos » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:39 am

My friend and I are trying to recover our account passwords but we are not receiving the recovery email after today's reset. I requested my password to check if sending emails was working for me.
GabrielSantos

Re: Email service is not working

Postby loftar » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:46 am

It seems I had forgotten to add a reverse-DNS record for the new server, which apparently causes GMail to reject messages from it. I've added one now, but I can't say how long it will take to propagate. It will probably start working in due time, though. Thanks for the notice!
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby GabrielSantos » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:05 am

I would just like to let you know that the email service we tested has returned by searching for the player's name using email.

Just one question, how many days does it take to request a password reset? as we have been waiting for a long time to release the password reset
GabrielSantos

Postby loftar » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:49 am

GabrielSantos wrote:I would just like to let you know that the email service we tested has returned by searching for the player's name using email.

Thanks for letting me know!

GabrielSantos wrote:Just one question, how many days does it take to request a password reset? as we have been waiting for a long time to release the password reset

It is quite possible that GMail entirely discarded the reset e-mail. I'd recommend requesting a new one.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby GabrielSantos » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:00 am

I try but it just keeps giving this message, I've been trying for more than 1 hour

A reset e-mail has already been sent recently. Please wait until trying again.
GabrielSantos

Return to Bugs