Cave-in inside ladder radius

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Cave-in inside ladder radius

Postby Attas » Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:28 pm

I have built a minehole. Once inside the mine, I started mining inside the ladder radius without causing any cave-in, despite having mined some "unstable" tiles - which is normal since I was protected by the ladder.
I then built a mine support. I didn't like the color of the mine support so I destroyed it. It has caused a cave in, even if the "unstable" tile was inside the ladder radius.
Attas

Re: Cave-in inside ladder radius

Postby pagsiu » Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:45 pm

Not a bug. Destroying a support that has prevented a cave-in will always cause a cave-in to appear, even if the area was/is covered by other supports.
Trapped here since W2.
Balin.
pagsiu

Postby EnderWiggin » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:36 pm

pagsiu wrote:Not a bug. Destroying a support that has prevented a cave-in will always cause a cave-in to appear, even if the area was/is covered by other supports.

Which is a bullshit mechanic - it should cause cave-in with regular rules - if there's another support to cover the tile, it prevents cave-in and takes some damage.
EnderWiggin

Postby Attas » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:40 am

pagsiu wrote:Not a bug. Destroying a support that has prevented a cave-in will always cause a cave-in to appear, even if the area was/is covered by other supports.

This isn't what happened to me. I built a mine support and destroyed it immediately after. Effectively this mine support has never prevented a cave-in.
Attas

Return to Bugs