Master Keys stoped working after the death

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Master Keys stoped working after the death

Postby BobLone » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:18 pm

Hey guys,

maybe I'm stupid, or it is a genuine bug. After a friendly hat seeking ruffian released my main from the clutches of life, all my master keys stoped working on my gates. Sounds funny, but it isn't when you new char can't get the body becouse he's now stuck inside the pali. On the other hand, it does sonds funny, when your aren not me...

So here is the question. is it a known problem, or is it something I done wrong.

All Master Key's that were in the inventory of my other char were named and after death the all are back to "Master Key" and don't open a s..., a thing anymore.

Would realy apreciate some help.

PS: And yes, I'm a rookie only days away from being a spruice cap...
BobLone

Re: Master Keys stoped working after the death

Postby Halbertz » Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:20 pm

BobLone wrote:Hey guys,

maybe I'm stupid, or it is a genuine bug. After a friendly hat seeking ruffian released my main from the clutches of life, all my master keys stoped working on my gates. Sounds funny, but it isn't when you new char can't get the body becouse he's now stuck inside the pali. On the other hand, it does sonds funny, when your aren not me...

So here is the question. is it a known problem, or is it something I done wrong.

All Master Key's that were in the inventory of my other char were named and after death the all are back to "Master Key" and don't open a s..., a thing anymore.

Would realy apreciate some help.

PS: And yes, I'm a rookie only days away from being a spruice cap...

I didn't get whole situation, but my blunt guess - your original keys were collected and that someone changed your locks. After that he dropped dummy keys back in corpse.
Halbertz

Postby BobLone » Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:37 pm

Unfortunately thats not the case. The originals had never left my claim. They were always in the inventory of my other charakter (never online longer then 5 min.).
My dead char had only slave keys for Visiter Gates (I have only visiter gates) on him. And my corpse is still not collected couse I can't leave... ^^

You see why the situation seems strange to me? :?:
BobLone

Postby vatas » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:46 pm

Any Master Key copies will allow changing of locks. Only carry "Slave" keys outside walls.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Hickupp » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:06 pm

As far as I know ... Key-names are only bound to the key-instance, and they don't rename themself. Only users can do that.
Hickupp

Postby BobLone » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:25 pm

vatas wrote:Any Master Key copies will allow changing of locks. Only carry "Slave" keys outside walls.

That was exactly the rule I followed. Never had a copy of the master keys (should have made some for another char, then could have seen if the also are broken). Never gone out with a master and had only the slaves on my dead hearthling.
BobLone

Postby BobLone » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:30 pm

Hickupp wrote:As far as I know ... Key-names are only bound to the key-instance, and they don't rename themself. Only users can do that.

That's what I don't get. I'm pretty sure I have renamed them (weeks ago) and now they are nameless and don't work on any of my five locks...
BobLone

Postby Hickupp » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:09 am

Either something really weird and seemingly improbable happened, or someone else logged-in on your account and swapped your keys for dummy ones.
I would ask Loftar(pm) if he likes to investigate this (especially the latter case), as that seems to me the only way to figure this one out.
Hickupp

Return to Bugs