A stallion just despawned

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

A stallion just despawned

Postby Granny » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:50 am

Right by my gate I have a small fence , a through and a horse. The latter just until recently. I opened the v.gate , went out a few minutes and when I came back the horse had just despawned. No one has acess to my plot other than me.

I searched my plot thinking it might have just wandered off - but there were no sight of it. :(
Granny

Re: A stallion just despawned

Postby SiO2 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:32 pm

it can be aggored via the gate.
Bronies for life /)
SiO2

Postby vatas » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:59 pm

SiO2 wrote:it can be aggored via the gate.

True. This used to be a lot worse and most PvP implications were only indirectly patched by the change to Visitor Gates that makes them impassable to characters in combat. (Friend died - HF outdoors, accidentally scented*, a vigilante simply aggro'd and walked inside through a gate to offline kill while he was asleep.

Worth noting that the following has NOT been patched out:
vatas wrote:Also, even if you build your base properly and stand inside it, you still may not be safe. At least one edge case of AIN'T NO RULE allows people not only to throw a spear in your face through open visitor gate, but walk inside and loot your KO'd character, despite Visitor buff, as well!

(There's technically, kind of a solid game logic going on - when you steal from KO'd Hearthling, you commit crime against Hearthling, not the claim, and thus Visitor status is irrelevant. Notably similar edge case was patched - this applied to Hearth Fires as well, because they also have innate crime protection.)

*He had criminal acts on when he killed a boar, it died on someone's claim and got instantly Red-handed for picking it up.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Granny » Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:04 pm

SiO2 wrote:it can be aggored via the gate.

I did not know that.

Thing is - I live in a huge village this world with nice neighbours on all sides. No one from outside can even see my tiny plot. This was very early euro time, with only a few online in the whole village. None of my neighbours were online. While it is theoretically possible that someone passed my plot in the few minutes I was away, and just for the fun of it aggroed my horse, I kinda doubt that.
Granny

Postby Ø » Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:17 pm

I doubt this is the case, but could someone have set a Mare outside your gate to lure your Stallion?
Ø

Postby Granny » Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:23 pm

Ø wrote:I doubt this is the case, but could someone have set a Mare outside your gate to lure your Stallion?

Hee! I doubt anyone would go to that kind of effort early morning of the first year.. but yeah - theoretically possible.
Granny

Postby SiO2 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:38 am

Granny wrote:
Ø wrote:I doubt this is the case, but could someone have set a Mare outside your gate to lure your Stallion?

Hee! I doubt anyone would go to that kind of effort early morning of the first year.. but yeah - theoretically possible.

It may happen randomly. Horny animals do not obey the rules of hearthland.
Bronies for life /)
SiO2

Postby Granny » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:56 am

No one intentionally set a mare outside my gate to lure my lovely silver stallion out. However - I noticed my neighbour had a mare close by. He usually have had just stallions within his animal fence. And - his gates were also open. So I just sent him a message asking about the name of one of those horses he had in there. And sure enough, it was my horse. He had gone through the open fence gate ,and then two visitor gates and then another gate to visit this mare. Now she is pregnant. Of course:)

So - the mystery is solved. I find it hilarious that the coding of the game makes this possible. So much laughter an early friday :)
Thanks to those who pointed me in the right direction.
Granny

Postby Ø » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:20 pm

Granny wrote:

No one intentionally set a mare outside my gate to lure my lovely silver stallion out. However - I noticed my neighbour had a mare close by. He usually have had just stallions within his animal fence. And - his gates were also open. So I just sent him a message asking about the name of one of those horses he had in there. And sure enough, it was my horse. He had gone through the open fence gate ,and then two visitor gates and then another gate to visit this mare. Now she is pregnant. Of course:)

So - the mystery is solved. I find it hilarious that the coding of the game makes this possible. So much laughter an early friday :)
Thanks to those who pointed me in the right direction.

HAHAHA!

Glad the mystery has been solved. That's funny stuff.
Ø

Postby NecklessVirgin » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:40 pm

That poor sad Stallion was on a quest for romancing, for a stallion-free Mare, and we can all relate.

I am pleased he was able to achieve his quest! May his seed spread far and wide.
Zentetsuken wrote:bona fide top idea haver.
NecklessVirgin

Return to Bugs