Cannot interact with game world

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Cannot interact with game world

Postby Constas » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:13 am

Hello. I am using integrated CPU graphics on i3-3110M
I cannot click on anything in the game world. I can only click on the minimap/map to move. Left/right clicking on any rendered object does not do anything.
I have tried to install x64 Java, it did not help
I play with enders client but I tried on the regular one and it's the same thing
Help is appreciated.

Update: For some reason, it fixes itself when you go into the character sheet and click some stuff.. And then after a few minutes, it stops working again!
Update #2: Updating intel HD graphics drivers worked. If you have this issue and are running on intel graphics like I am, try going to the official intel website and downloading drivers.
Last edited by Constas on Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Constas

Re: Cannot interact with game world

Postby StalkerSleem » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:02 am

At you NVIDIA?
Right click on the desktop -> The Control Panel NVIDIA -> Parameter management 3D -> Software Settings
1. Add an address java.exe
2. Choose a high-performance processor NVIDIA
Apply and close the window. Try to start the game.

At least it helped me that I deleted the auto-select integration.
StalkerSleem

Postby Constas » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:13 pm

StalkerSleem wrote:At you NVIDIA?
Right click on the desktop -> The Control Panel NVIDIA -> Parameter management 3D -> Software Settings
1. Add an address java.exe
2. Choose a high-performance processor NVIDIA
Apply and close the window. Try to start the game.

At least it helped me that I deleted the auto-select integration.

Thanks, but I mentioned that I'm using integrated graphics (intel graphics)
Constas

Postby Constas » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:13 pm

Help still needed. Thank you.
Constas

Postby Constas » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:18 am

Update: For some reason, it fixes itself when you go into the character sheet and click some stuff.. And then after a few minutes, it stops working again!
Constas

Postby vatas » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:57 am

If you want to try eliminate your computer's Java installation as the possible problem, see this thread. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=75244&p=928505

Not directly related, but posting just in case:
irongete wrote:
vatas wrote:
irongete wrote:I sometimes get the contrary, can walk and interact with objects but not with GUI elements.

Same. In the remote case this might be useful, I think this usually happens when my PC (getting bit old) has a system-level hick-up that causes it, if not fully freeze, to at least "hang" for a bit before continuing. I'm not a programmer but sounds like that could mess up certain things, with Java having a separate virtual machine and all. Sorry if this sounds like "have you tried checking the gigabytes?" -joke from the Zits -comic strip.

Yeah, happens a lot when opening more than 1 client, its something related about what you said. Client freezes for 0.1 second and shit happens, only way to fix it is restarting the client.

Note: I have a new(er) PC now that doesn't do the "hang-up" and I don't remember ever having the "clicks go past the GUI elements to the game world instead" glitch when using it.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Constas » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:53 am

So. I decided trying to update the drivers would be worth a shot. And it was - it worked. For anyone who is using intel graphics and has this issue, try going to the official intel site and downloading drivers.
Constas

Return to Bugs