Planting In Front of Mine Entrance

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Planting In Front of Mine Entrance

Postby Ø » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:51 pm

Pretty sure this can be used as a bug abuse...

Things I haven't tried:

Mine the entire no construct zone around a mine entrance and create a safe pali surrounding it while planting Towercap in front of entrance.

Been chased into now blocked mine entrance.

Chopped down Towercap for "free KO" due to Towercap causing cave-in 100% of the time on L1.

The working theory is the same as the safe pali mine entrance that was used a while back and bug fixed only with the mine hole being covered by a "KO trap" instead. Don't forget your helmet.
Ø

Re: Planting In Front of Mine Entrance

Postby fallout » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:19 pm

Well planting towercaps for defense is intended right.
fallout

Postby vatas » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:10 am

This is legitimate issue to raise, but I'll lay down couple of facts that can mitigate it:

1.) Chopping down a Towercap does not automatically cause a cave-in. Removing a mine-support should only cause a cave-in, if said support has previously prevented at least one cave-in. (Used the word "should" because this world, village-mate built a decorative mine support, didn't like the colours, immediately bashed it to rebuild, received cave-in.)

2) If you use cave entrance and get placed inside a solid object, you should be able to click the cave exit to leave. Problem with previous trap palisades was that they were unexpected; people presumably clicked something other than the cave, forfeiting the "grace" or whatever that allows you to ignore hitboxes for the first move after using door/cave/minehole. (You can, for example, walk through your own cart after Hearthing with one and it stacking with you.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Ø » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:44 pm

vatas wrote:This is legitimate issue to raise, but I'll lay down couple of facts that can mitigate it:

1.) Chopping down a Towercap does not automatically cause a cave-in. Removing a mine-support should only cause a cave-in, if said support has previously prevented at least one cave-in. (Used the word "should" because this world, village-mate built a decorative mine support, didn't like the colours, immediately bashed it to rebuild, received cave-in.)

2) If you use cave entrance and get placed inside a solid object, you should be able to click the cave exit to leave. Problem with previous trap palisades was that they were unexpected; people presumably clicked something other than the cave, forfeiting the "grace" or whatever that allows you to ignore hitboxes for the first move after using door/cave/minehole. (You can, for example, walk through your own cart after Hearthing with one and it stacking with you.)

I have tested Towercaps in L1 and have had all of them (8/8) caused cave-ins without being near any mined tiles. None. Not a single tile mined nearby.

It sounds like it may not be limited to Towercaps by use of "should", though. I'm not going to test that...I should, but I don't want to.
Ø

Return to Bugs