Potted Trees: Not spiraling up as expected

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Potted Trees: Not spiraling up as expected

Postby Krool » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:49 pm

Hi,

Since the patch that fixed a bug involving barrels, I have had eight trees not level up as expected when potting them.

According to the formula posted on the wiki (and it's been accurate all of W15 for me so far) my trees should have easily gainged 10-15 points of Q even with the +/- factor.

Instead the potted tree has resulted in a nearly 20q decrease from the seed being used. The water and herbalist table are both higher Q than the seed. The pot is equal to the seed in Q. The lower component is my soil, however it is not that far behind. It is acting as if the water is 1/3 it's actual quality.

I've tried two separate runs of four trees today. Both had the same result. (Same four pots, same herbalist table, same soil, same water and only a 3pt Q difference on the seeds used.)

Thank you,
Krool
Krool

Re: Potted Trees: Not spiraling up as expected

Postby vatas » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:07 pm

When you plant a tree from the pot, a "Farming" softcap is applied. I'm just speculating since I don't know how much farming you have, but that would be the simplest explanation.

Since the patch that fixed a bug involving barrels

What barrel bug? Are you referring to the wholesale water quality increase?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Krool » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:43 pm

I am talking about the Q of the tree in the pot, before planting. (However, my farming stat is sufficiently higher than the resulting tree.)

Using this formula from the wiki:

I have been able to reliably calculate the resulting Q of my trees with the exception of the +/- 5 points factor during W15 up until today.

What barrel bug? Are you referring to the wholesale water quality increase?

Last night they restarted the server to apply a patch and the message put up in game said it was for some sort of bug involving barrels. (I am not sure what the bug was, a friend said it had to do with crashing while looking at the contents of a barrel.)
Krool

Postby axus » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:18 pm

The quality of saplings is capped by Farming at the time you put the seed in the pot. If you depend on gear for farming, you may have been wearing something else at the time.

I haven't had any decreases like that, and I'm very close to the formula cap.
axus

Return to Bugs