Faster Harvesting and Planting

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Faster Harvesting and Planting

Postby CSPAN » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:13 pm

lol just recruit more farmers?

You can't just recruit people in plot based factions.

And this is just pumpkins, I could spend a whole day farming. And ugh the ole, "he he just dont eat as much, dont do as much hehe" With character growth, comes bigger demand from said character(s).

My personal belief is that these monotonous tasks should be made much more automated. Everyone would be soooo happy for at least a stockpile area selector or something.
The more automated these everyday tasks are, the more people could focus on socializing, leaving the walls and all that.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby blank » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:25 pm

personalty amber client with the alt (or shift cant remember) feature makes harvesting pretty automated? if it was any easier it would be a bot..
blank

Postby Sevenless » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:09 pm

blank wrote:personalty amber client with the alt (or shift cant remember) feature makes harvesting pretty automated? if it was any easier it would be a bot..

That's actually default client capability now. When they say 3 hours of pumpkins, they mean literally 1-2 thousand tiles.

Of the various harvesting types, pumpkins by far are the most clicky/annoying atm. I wouldn't mind being able to use a wheelbarrow to collect them.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby ricky » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:54 pm

I'm pretty sure I've suggested this before, but I think farming would really benefit from farming flags, similar to survey flags.

Place a 30x30 farming flag over a pumpkin crop, set up 9-10 pumpkin stockpiles, and as you harvest the crops are automatically stacked into their stockpiles.

It already works this way with land surveying, I don't see why we couldn't do it with crops
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby Granger » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:43 am

ricky wrote:Set up stockpiles near the field, area-harvest the crop (also selecting the tiles with the sockpiles) and as you harvest the crops are automatically stacked into their stockpiles.

Fixed that for you.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby viznew » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:14 pm

you know farming flags whouldbe amazing, that would solve my issues at least, i mostly hate the clicking, the diggingnow days is amazing (i tend to do it in background) whould love that option in farming
ImageImage
viznew

Postby Sevenless » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:08 pm

I don't mind the pickup currently for everything except pumpkins. I don't really want to reduce player involvement to that degree. I don't want to click a button and autoharvest until I run out of stamina for every field type.

All I'd want to add is the wheelbarrow, so that pumpkins can be picked up 35 at a time. Everything else shift pickup handles (I don't know if the default client has that, but I doubt most of us in this chat are using it anyway).
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Aceb » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:38 am

Sevenless wrote:I don't mind the pickup currently for everything except pumpkins. I don't really want to reduce player involvement to that degree. I don't want to click a button and autoharvest until I run out of stamina for every field type.

All I'd want to add is the wheelbarrow, so that pumpkins can be picked up 35 at a time. Everything else shift pickup handles (I don't know if the default client has that, but I doubt most of us in this chat are using it anyway).

Actually yeah, having like 2-3 machines(?) that works like wheelbarrow but allows You to collect farm from mother nature... Separate one for pumpkins, flax, etc.

After all, that wouldn't be black majic, right?
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby jorb » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:04 pm

Ideally the game should play itself.

Will consider.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby magisticus » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:08 pm

jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

Will consider.

Confirmation of NPC hearthlings YAY!!!!!!!!!!
magisticus

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas