different ways of "holding"

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

different ways of "holding"

Postby Alitis » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:48 pm

Ok here is the idea:
- Small animals like fox and badger, maybe a pumpkin and generally small stuff , hold "under your armpit" and can carry two of them.
- Medium stuff normal like it is now above the head.
- Big stuff like bear, not be able to lift, but "drag" with a rope the way you drag leashed animals, ( or no rope for big furniture and usuall stuff )

:) probably suggested before huh ? but what isn't :P
Alitis

Re: different ways of "holding"

Postby Granger » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:42 pm

Would carrying something under the arm imply the hand needing to be empty?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Alitis » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:35 pm

Granger wrote:Would carrying something under the arm imply the hand needing to be empty?

I guess not... like now when you lift something, no need to empty hands. emptying your hands all the time would be an unecessary nuicance anyway.
Alitis

Postby sMartins » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:34 pm

I like it ...
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby Fierce_Deity » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:02 pm

This does sound pretty nice. Maybe strength could determine what gets dragged or lifted above the head, and items you drag move slower than crawl speed.
Fierce_Deity

Postby Fostik » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:27 am

Imo mechanic that will allow lift multiple objects will be very hard to invent, and completely worthless - there are pretty lot of mechanics that allow do it in other way.
I think dev should focus on other things.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby NOOBY93 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:10 am

Fostik wrote:Imo mechanic that will allow lift multiple objects will be very hard to invent, and completely worthless - there are pretty lot of mechanics that allow do it in other way.

Why would it be hard to implement? Seems to me like the only hard part would be the animation.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby RickyRio » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:26 am

NOOBY93 wrote:
Fostik wrote:Imo mechanic that will allow lift multiple objects will be very hard to invent, and completely worthless - there are pretty lot of mechanics that allow do it in other way.

Why would it be hard to implement? Seems to me like the only hard part would be the animation.

It would have to be a mechanic more like liftable storage on boats, which players are likely not coded for, as otherwise you have to design a new system to work around the current mechanics of lifting things. (ie when you have something lifted, clicking again will place it). In essence it would require new code or at the very least the use of old code in an new spot which has the potential to cause development headaches, whereas the current solution to say carrying a fox is butchering it down into its parts and having a bag in one hand for extra room.
RickyRio

Postby NOOBY93 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:40 am

RickyRio wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:

It would have to be a mechanic more like liftable storage on boats, which players are likely not coded for, as otherwise you have to design a new system to work around the current mechanics of lifting things. (ie when you have something lifted, clicking again will place it). In essence it would require new code or at the very least the use of old code in an new spot which has the potential to cause development headaches, whereas the current solution to say carrying a fox is butchering it down into its parts and having a bag in one hand for extra room.

Well here's an idea: Shit like foxes should be stuffable into backpacks, with a large size. Larger than rabbits.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Granger » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:06 am

NOOBY93 wrote:Well here's an idea: Shit like foxes should be stuffable into backpacks, with a large size. Larger than rabbits.

What size do you have in mind for fox/badger/<what I forgot>?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas