Survival Requirement Sucks

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Survival Requirement Sucks

Postby Massa » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:04 am

Uriel wrote:I like surv cap.

There are people in this world that eat poop and you are one of them.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby stickman » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:36 pm

the animal should be capped to the highest survival it was damaged with. Otherwise all you do is encourage cheesing animals...

Early world you could use 4 guys to take down a bear using the actual combat system.... OR.... you could lure it to the water... bring over the guy with higher survival and kill it with a boar spear by cheesing it to get the highest q

Apparently alot of you think cheesing animals from pali's or from boats is the way the game should be continued to be played. manipulating the system by using non damaging combat moves to assist is also is just cheesing the system imo and shows that its not designed properly.

if everyone is just working around this requirement then it should be changed.
stickman

Postby Sarge » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:06 pm

stickman wrote:Early world you could use 4 guys to take down a bear using the actual combat system.... OR.... you could lure it to the water... bring over the guy with higher survival and kill it with a boar spear by cheesing it to get the highest q

Apparently alot of you think cheesing animals from pali's or from boats is the way the game should be continued to be played. manipulating the system by using non damaging combat moves to assist is also is just cheesing the system imo and shows that its not designed properly.

if everyone is just working around this requirement then it should be changed.

Yes, I agree. We're playing all kinds of non-intended cheesing styles that we should not and there is a fuckton that needs changing.

stickman wrote:the animal should be capped to the highest survival it was damaged with. Otherwise all you do is encourage cheesing animals...

How does this deter alt spamming and similar abuse though, when we are agreeing that we are looking for a legitimate and sensible hunting system that can't be circumvented?
factnfiction101 wrote:^I agree with this guy.
Sarge

Postby shubla » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:09 pm

I totally agree that there is probably more harm off the survival cap than there is benefit from it...
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby jorb » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:14 pm

A soft cap still leaves the day one problems of a lot of animals cheesed for high q bones. Skeptical.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby stickman » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:21 pm

hard cap it to the highest survival who dealt damage then.... day one the highest guy might have 30 survival... so the animal q will cap at 30. the guys with 10 survival can still help him out though without lowering it. would encourage more group hunting.
stickman

Postby Granger » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:23 pm

jorb wrote: Skeptical.

And rightfully so.

I would even go a step further and factor in more things, so pure UA/MC, STR, AGI, CON characters destroy the quality even more.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby azrid » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:17 pm

stickman wrote:hard cap it to the highest survival who dealt damage then.... day one the highest guy might have 30 survival... so the animal q will cap at 30. the guys with 10 survival can still help him out though without lowering it. would encourage more group hunting.

Incredibly stupid idea as it forces you to make high survival alt with no other skills.
azrid

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:19 pm

azrid wrote:
stickman wrote:hard cap it to the highest survival who dealt damage then.... day one the highest guy might have 30 survival... so the animal q will cap at 30. the guys with 10 survival can still help him out though without lowering it. would encourage more group hunting.

Incredibly stupid idea as it forces you to make high survival alt with no other skills.

hey look its literally what were doing rn lol.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Kaios » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:22 pm

azrid wrote:

???

You don’t need an alt, you get high surv on a main and kill stuff easily anyways. Do you think high q bones come from trolls or what?
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas