Credo quests rework

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Credo quests rework

Postby LaserSaysPew » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:10 am

Hi. First of all, let's discuss the problem with credo quests.
Right now doing credos is quite frustrating, mainly, imo, because players have zero control over it. Example: I decide I want to do credos today, I'm ready to invest my time in it, I start pursuing one, full chest of air, ready for anything, craft, bring stuff, eat, let's go bitch! And then I see "study crude idol". Basically, I came here ready to play but the game tells me "Wait 22 hours". And the problem is that it wasn't my choice. We should have one.

So here's what I'm suggesting:

Each credo has TWO pools of quest requirements:
1. Instant - craft, eat, bring, acquire etc. Something that can be done by investing our time in it.
2. Timegated - study, get lp, etc. Something that will be done in the background.

Every credo quest comes with 2 options: number of instant reqs and number of timegated ones. We either complete one or the other, our choice. We want to invest time - we do instant ones, we want to chill - timegated quests are here, we'll still be progressing without wasting too much time on it.

I'm not saying credos should be easier, maybe up the quests progress requirement by 50% or even a 100%. Maybe then make timegated options give +2 to account for them being a lot slower(still will be slower than instant quests path). Also maybe remove the ability to abandon quests since there are 2 options. We need choice and some decisionmaking.

What are your thoughts?
LaserSaysPew

Re: Credo quests rework

Postby Jake024d » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:21 am

As it is, if you abandon the quest it will give you a new quest at the cost of going back in progress towards the credo, with being at the first quest of the credo it abandons the credo, with no refund of LP.

So if you're ready to invest time, and you aren't on the first quest you can still get a different quest.

Just a disclaimer, it might take you back a level nstead of just one quest on the level you're on. I've never used it and i don't exactly remember.

Tldr you can reroll your quest at the cost of progress towards credo
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.

jorb wrote:I'm pretty badass.

jorb wrote:How many threads on this topic do we need?

Support the devs, #JORBTAR2016
Jake024d

Postby LaserSaysPew » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:00 am

That's not the same. You abandon and get another study, you abandon and get yet another study. Why not take out that frustrating part? Unless frustration is the goal here.
And I'm not even talking about insane credos like scholar, good luck rerolling timegate quests there. xD

Take potter credo for example. I prepared for it, I wanted to invest my time in it, 54 cave clay ready, feldspar(stockpile AND boulders), bone ash, stockpile of gray clay, stockpile of acre clay, 6 stockpiles of ball clay. Craft, bring, acquire, I wanted to work on it. What did I get? Every second quest is "study some shit for 30h+". Cannot progress without it at all. At some point I managed to do some quests in a row, then I abandoned 5 study quests in a row.
I want to have a choice whether I'd like to study some shit for 30hrs OR spend resources and time.
LaserSaysPew

Postby SaltyCrate » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:20 am

You already have the way to spend resources to bypass "study" credo quests. It is the "Contemplation & Meditation" hearth magic and the resource being your experience points, which can be acquired by actively spending time questing.
SaltyCrate

Postby Lojka » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:54 am

you guys wine about 30h wait quest ?

try gardener - 15 x harvest 5-7 day grow-time plants
Lojka

Postby Alitis » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:09 pm

Lojka wrote:you guys wine about 30h wait quest ?

farmer too :mrgreen:
- But the thing is credos should not be something that you acquire easily or quickly, Instead they should be pushing you to your current limits .

In my opinion most of the skills should also be associated with credos thus giving a depth in time investment and planning... It is rediculous to be able to acquire deep artifice in the first week of the world, for example.

About credos, If the quests were not randomly popping up, and sometimes impossible, but somehow tailored to level/ability of the toon, I would not mind so much about time .
Alitis

Postby Lojka » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:07 pm

problem is they are not balanced at all

you get - eat an olive, you do it in 1 min, next one you do in 1 week

they should be more balanced, all quest should be around 1-3 days, not some 5 days and some 5 min
Lojka

Postby Pills » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:47 pm

Lojka wrote:problem is they are not balanced at all

you get - eat an olive, you do it in 1 min, next one you do in 1 week

they should be more balanced, all quest should be around 1-3 days, not some 5 days and some 5 min

Its never really going to change. Most things in the game are designed around taking fucking forever for it to happen. This way the developers can push for people to keep logging in each day. and in doing so helps push the need for the pay to win subscriptions for LP bonus etc and hats.

Its became glaringly obvious that a lot of decisions around credos are not to make them reasonable or have any good design, but are just designed to keep people playing longer to keep taking money from subs.
Pills

Postby shubla » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:18 pm

Suggestion for credos that I have posted earlier in some thread is way better than this.
https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=65106&hilit=credo
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby LaserSaysPew » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:42 pm

Lojka wrote:you guys wine about 30h wait quest ?

Tried. Did gardener in 5 days without harvesting anything at all. What's your point?

It seems like you guys are not even bothering to read. Noone talked about making credos easier. IF you bothered to read you would have noticed the part about increasing quest progress requirement to twice as much AND removing the option to abandon.
LaserSaysPew

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas