Make animals dangerous

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Make animals dangerous

Postby Lyrroth » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:10 am

combat rewrite will make things probably harder with new exploits.
animals are hard enough. you look from perspective of experienced player. unexperienced players have hard time.
i agree trolls and mammoths and whales should be harder to kill by single player.

fun fact: grizzly bear which is considered one of most if not the most dangerous of all bears, can be taken down by 3 professional bear hunters equipped specifically for bear hunting (I was told spear with gun is best combination, especially spears). one professional bear hunter in fight to the death has somewhere of 30% to win a fight. probably more/less counting end of life due to wounds.

fun fact2: grizzly bear skull can ricochet bullets. many killed grizzly bears usually have some kind of used ammo in their meat. not easy foe.

so in conclusion: a lone experienced fighter killing a bear is not that much unrealistic and since this is video game and lone experienced warrior killed dozens - normal thing.
Lyrroth

Postby Rexz » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:34 am

boreial wrote:Animal AI is supposed to be rewritten, however that alone will not solve the "issue".

The REAL issue actually is that our characters can and do get too strong. Lets look at it as if we were D&D characters, where an avearge stat is 9 (3d6). and a God like being has a stat of 26 on the "mortal plane". Our characters have unlimited stats, if there is an average point then a good few of the players (especially those that mention endgame) are WAY above this arbitrary average point, and running into the God like stats.

Lyrroth wrote:combat rewrite will make things probably harder with new exploits.
animals are hard enough. you look from perspective of experienced player. unexperienced players have hard time.
i agree trolls and mammoths and whales should be harder to kill by single player.

fun fact: grizzly bear which is considered one of most if not the most dangerous of all bears, can be taken down by 3 professional bear hunters equipped specifically for bear hunting (I was told spear with gun is best combination, especially spears). one professional bear hunter in fight to the death has somewhere of 30% to win a fight. probably more/less counting end of life due to wounds.

fun fact2: grizzly bear skull can ricochet bullets. many killed grizzly bears usually have some kind of used ammo in their meat. not easy foe.

so in conclusion: a lone experienced fighter killing a bear is not that much unrealistic and since this is video game and lone experienced warrior killed dozens - normal thing.

Yall got a point, when endgame = harder things are now easier, sometimes way too easy.

Perhaps have higher level characters have higher chance to spawn dangerous beasts or trigger events that are a danger to them if they are not prepared when out in the wild going on long trips. These could be still pretty rare but if someone is caught offguard and not prepared then they will have to face a challenging situation.

Example could be all the things I mentioned in my earlier post. There could be plenty of scenarios introduced where having a safeguard item (like the ring to prevent you drowning for an example) can really help you out of sticky situations. These things of course are usually more acessible to make for the endgame players, and they are not always needed but can guarantee your safety if you plan ahead, make it so that endgame players have more things to do to obain materials for these items so that in the rare chance they encounter/trigger these type of enemies or events that they can overcome them and perhaps even be rewarded should they attempt to tackle it or get through the danger sucessfully. Of course having multiple people with you will always be helpful, but it should be possible if you are an experienced player with the right preparation and understanding to overcome it by yourself.
Rexz

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:34 pm

MadGonad wrote:I agree!

PLEASE tell me who you are, I won't tell anyone I swear lmao
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby ctopolon4 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:37 pm

who are strong could solo fair fight with orcas or cachalot, or clear the bat dung solo...
update combat, update animal AI, update dungeons, and only after that lets make trololo boars.
ctopolon4

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas