Fisher's Request for a Catch: Lure loss is unreasonable

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Fisher's Request for a Catch: Lure loss is unreasonable

Postby Sevenless » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:44 pm

For whatever reason, fisher's request just destroys lures. To the point that it's almost a bad thing to use it while lure fishing. Maybe this is a side effect of how it's supposed to work with bait fishing, but overall it's a big feelsbad when you put in all the work to find a good fishing spot/lure combo to find out that. Normal fishing you'll lose maybe 1 lure per 5-10 fish (this is enough to make the expensive lures not worth using as is). But with request for a catch you start losing lures 1 per 2-3 fish.

I'm not playing at the moment, but I follow patch notes and don't remember seeing this mentioned being fixed. Was perusing the wiki and remembered vividly how much this annoyed me when I ran into it.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Re: Fisher's Request for a Catch: Lure loss is unreasonable

Postby axus » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:09 pm

So far I've just used bait, what are the advantages of lure fishing? More fish per trip?
axus

Postby VDZ » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:25 pm

axus wrote:So far I've just used bait, what are the advantages of lure fishing? More fish per trip?

You get to choose among a list of available fish to catch, allowing you to a) immediately discern which kinds of fish are available at the location right now; and b) catch specific fish. (Also c) It shows you the catch chance, allowing you to discern good fishing spots from bad fishing spots.)

Use bait if you want quantity, use lures if you want to be more specific. Lure fishing is basically more hassle to get better results.
VDZ

Postby axus » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:54 pm

Thanks for the info. I've been doing everything but fishing, but just picked up the Fisherman credo so trying it out now.
axus

Postby vatas » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:05 pm

Lures are good for quantity too I guess if you find a high percentage spot for desirable fish. It does require bit of clicking compared to bait fishing, though. (You need to click the choice of fish every time, not sure if it defaults to one you chose previously after a time runs out or it picks one randomly.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Sevenless » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:32 pm

vatas wrote:Lures are good for quantity too I guess if you find a high percentage spot for desirable fish. It does require bit of clicking compared to bait fishing, though. (You need to click the choice of fish every time, not sure if it defaults to one you chose previously after a time runs out or it picks one randomly.)

Defaults to last chosen, or top of the list if you haven't chosen anything. Potjeh and zodd can attest to how much fish you can pump out if you put in the work finding nodes/lure combos.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:47 pm

Sevenless wrote:
vatas wrote:. Potjeh and zodd can attest to how much fish you can pump out if you put in the work finding nodes/lure combos.

Yup. I am kinda looking forward to do that all over next time :D
ZoddAlmighty

Return to Critique & Ideas