Thingwall travel

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Thingwall travel

Postby Pommfritz » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:11 pm

I would like to see an improvement to thingwalls where you can choose a path you want to travel and travel to your destination in one go. Could select the path beforehand and then just add up the loading time and then deliver you to the destination.
or select a thingwall you want to travel to on the minimap and let you travel there in one click.

currently you either select the path and yolo it which is kinda dumb since you can just easily get ganked if some people camp thingwalls, this is a low chance of happening with current player count but could get very annoying if there were more people. Or you travel one thingwall, check, click to spawn, select the next location, repeat, which is extremely timewasting.
So basically currently I'm just wasting time and also never get ganked. I'd rather waste the travel time on my starting thingwall and then check the destination with the eye and then go there immediately.
Pommfritz

Re: Thingwall travel

Postby WowGain » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:30 am

+1 bigups on this one yeah
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby strpk0 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:26 am

+1 I'm surprised people haven't started abusing those tiny 5x5 island thingwalls in the middle of the ocean as an easy way to murder people yet.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Tammer » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:23 pm

I think this would be a nice change.
Tammer

Postby vatas » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:02 pm

The possibility of ambushes at Thingwalls is one of those things that sound much cooler in theory than in practice, I guess.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby wonder-ass » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:07 am

+1 i had already requested this in pms but he shot it down maybe if enough people complain he will add a quick hop.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Return to Critique & Ideas