Alchemy Suggestions

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Alchemy Suggestions

Postby Lalaxx » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:28 am

First of all, is 8Kit just your alt? Or all of those are just Austin alt accounts.

Now to first question.
Luno wrote:Do you rly think bum burn cure should be buffed, you fuckin macaco?

Where did I said that i want to buff bum burn exactly?
If bum burn is a wound to punish quicker raise of stats it might need to be removed from alchemy elixir effects and yet it is there even at very low healing rate so basically it worthless.
Also, for casual players out there, peppering food is not a viable strategy to raise stats anymore, its just completely bricks your character even after 10 pieces of peppered food.
Pepper only being added as ingredient now.
So to balance that it might be good to buff bum burn elixirs if looking from that perspective, i don't know.

Luno wrote:Ah, nevermind, you are just too slow for human conversation. It's not the elixir that is the problem, it's the bum burn cure.

So again, peppered food is not viable strategy to raise stats after nerf. Hate to break it to you, poor hermit.

Lalaxx wrote:People were bringing me bat guano to get better buffs for free

Luno wrote:How is it free if they paid you bat guano, you dipshit?

People bringing me guano to get better buffs for the kingdom because the live in it, dipshit. But yet I still gave them something in return like healing elixirs or equipment.
Lalaxx

Postby Austinh15 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:29 am

Lalaxx wrote:
Austinh15 wrote:Those potions are almost legit worthless. You took advantage of a garbage mechanic and sold a "cure" for it. It's hard to not be so narcissistic when the competition is this scummy and whiny. Makes me feel like a king and I barely did anything.

So you telling me that elixirs are worthless and yet they don't need a buff.
Also this elixir were sold to Coco who literally scamming people for real money.

And why exactly you think selling elixirs for bat guano is scam? People were bringing me bat guano to get better buffs for free, and I was giving them elixirs and equipment for that still.
Most people just agree to trade some meat for high quality potion to heal their seal fingers, crab carassings etc without need to build whole setup for it and a table with precious metal tools. We had almost half grid of space just for alchemy to store ingredients more conveniently.

"It's okay to scam the scammer he scammed first!"

Okay dude. Keep going. Say more things it's only proving my point. Legit I won't say a word just keep going.
Austinh15

Postby Austinh15 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:34 am

Lalaxx wrote:First of all, is 8Kit just your alt? Or all of those are just Austin alt accounts.

Now to first question.
Luno wrote:Do you rly think bum burn cure should be buffed, you fuckin macaco?

Where did I said that i want to buff bum burn exactly?
If bum burn is a wound to punish quicker raise of stats it might need to be removed from alchemy elixir effects and yet it is there even at very low healing rate so basically it worthless.
Also, for casual players out there, peppering food is not a viable strategy to raise stats anymore, its just completely bricks your character even after 10 pieces of peppered food.
Pepper only being added as ingredient now.
So to balance that it might be good to buff bum burn elixirs if looking from that perspective, i don't know.

Luno wrote:Ah, nevermind, you are just too slow for human conversation. It's not the elixir that is the problem, it's the bum burn cure.

So again, peppered food is not viable strategy to raise stats after nerf. Hate to break it to you, poor hermit.

Lalaxx wrote:People were bringing me bat guano to get better buffs for free

Luno wrote:How is it free if they paid you bat guano, you dipshit?

People bringing me guano to get better buffs for the kingdom because the live in it, dipshit. But yet I still gave them something in return like healing elixirs or equipment.

Yes it's my Alt! Shit how could you have guessed I sure do have some egg on my face gee whizz.

Also to kit's point, you can't use the argument "Potions are worthless yet you're saying they don't need a buff" with bum burn in the same sentence and not expect there to be confusion. We most certainly should not buff bum burn curing through alchemy. I already lived through that.

Meat and stuff for potions seems like an okay trade. The original post during that time had bat guano and some elixirs basically at the same price. I was pointing out your outrageous prices on the useless potions using bat guano as a metric of value. It's not hard to understand. It's also nice to give things out when people make donations, so that's fair too.
Austinh15

Postby Lalaxx » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:47 am

Austinh15 wrote:Yes it's my Alt! Shit how could you have guessed I sure do have some egg on my face gee whizz.
Also to kit's point

There is no 8kit message, because it was removed right after post to switch to Luno account. Yet you still replied to it, lol.

Meat and stuff for potions seems like an okay trade. The original post during that time had bat guano and some elixirs basically at the same price. I was pointing out your outrageous prices on the useless potions using bat guano as a metric of value. It's not hard to understand. It's also nice to give things out when people make donations, so that's fair too.

Elixirs price were based on amount of work were put into them. Alchemists were 24/7 seeking for ingredient effects instead of foraging and hunting and were using village resources to get better tools/setup. So thats fair for them to set higher price to say they did something useful for village instead of wasted bunch of resources and early game time to make elixirs we are not even using. So when they selling an elixir for meat it is equivalent of hunting without hunting. But yet elixirs don't really were in demand so we just end up giving elixirs as free bonus to other items sold.
Lalaxx

Postby Austinh15 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:55 am

Lalaxx wrote:
Austinh15 wrote:Yes it's my Alt! Shit how could you have guessed I sure do have some egg on my face gee whizz.
Also to kit's point

There is no 8kit message, because it was removed right after post to switch to Luno account. Yet you still replied to it, lol.

Elixirs price were based on amount of work were put into them. Alchemists were 24/7 seeking for ingredient effects instead of foraging and hunting and were using village resources to get better tools/setup. So thats fair for them to set higher price to say they did something useful for village instead of wasted bunch of resources and early game time to make elixirs we are not even using. So when they selling an elixir for meat it is equivalent of hunting without hunting. But yet elixirs don't really were in demand so we just end up giving elixirs as free bonus to other items sold.

Sounds about right. Potions in my opinion are meant to be sold in bulk at a low price for the sake of convenience. My pipewheeze potions sold really fast and were super cheap. It made things like mushroom decoctions much more valuable.
Also that Brazilian fuck just messed up my message. >:C

Focus on what you can mass produce, and get creative with your recipes if you find other ways to regularly make an easy-to-grab property. I want people to know that the value is not located in the discovery, at least not for very long. Instead, the service you provide is the marketable resource.
Austinh15

Postby Apocoreo » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:52 pm

I see his point, my mans bum is definitely burning

~~~this post by the Austin's Alts gang~~~
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Lalaxx » Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:26 pm

bump
Lalaxx

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:00 am

I don't think the healing/covering wounds side of elixirs should be removed, but some tuning is needed. Increase the basic elixir duration "7.5 haven minutes" is way to fast.

Alchemist credo would be a nice add; that gives the wiggle room to nerf/buff/tune the current system behind credo levels.
"Don't just have an idea- have all of them." ~ Niv-Mizzet
r0ck4ev3r

Postby RaidenKoizuma » Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:36 am

threads like this are exactly why this game is dying. the fact people overwhelmingly went "dumb thread, git gud u have no clue what ur talking about11!!" in response to "hey lets make alchemy less annoying and more useful to people who dont wanna fuck over their toons or waste tons of time for nothing except 'learning the ingredients'" is pathetic. literally all this shows me is how fucked a person's life must be to play HnH 14 hours a day and then bitch at the slightest retort of making the game not as time wasting (note i said WASTING rather than CONSUMING, just for you!). its such a shame dude.
RaidenKoizuma

Postby lakrass » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:51 am

RaidenKoizuma wrote:threads like this are exactly why this game is dying. the fact people overwhelmingly went "dumb thread, git gud u have no clue what ur talking about11!!" in response to "hey lets make alchemy less annoying and more useful to people who dont wanna fuck over their toons or waste tons of time for nothing except 'learning the ingredients'" is pathetic. literally all this shows me is how fucked a person's life must be to play HnH 14 hours a day and then bitch at the slightest retort of making the game not as time wasting (note i said WASTING rather than CONSUMING, just for you!). its such a shame dude.

just git gud dude ¦]
lakrass

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas