Breeding bog Turtles

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Breeding bog Turtles

Postby Justforthis » Sun May 19, 2019 11:02 am

Can we have a fish-tank-thing to breed bog turtles? I would love to breed some bog turtles. I understand that a fish-tank for breeding fish would kill fishing as a profession, but bog turtles? Where's the harm! it could be made real pretty and used to decorate as well.
You don't love something despite its flaws, you love it because of its flaws. Something that isn't flawed isn't meant to be loved.

Perfect things allow only for indulgence, never love.
Justforthis

Re: Breeding bog Turtles

Postby Headchef » Sun May 19, 2019 11:06 am

I have found no use for them but also really like their look so yeah would be cool sometime.
Headchef

Postby AntiBlitz » Sun May 19, 2019 1:03 pm

we've been asking for aquariums and the like for fucking years, bugs, fish, bird cages etc. and have never gotten them. Im sure its on a list somewhere far far down, one day, perhaps.
AntiBlitz

Postby loskierek » Sun May 19, 2019 2:34 pm

it will be added right after they increase the harvesting time of crops to 10sec each
loskierek

Postby Justforthis » Mon May 29, 2023 1:49 am

I'm gonna necro this thread because I still desire it 4 years and 10 days later.

It's a silly little suggestion, and idk how much effort it would take to implement but since turtle shells have some unique recipies it's maybe a bit useful while still mostly being a great vanity/decore build.

Just a simple fish tank made from wood and some raw glass, maybe some metal/metal nuggets. Then you pop a few turrles in and you can watch them woble around. :idea:
You don't love something despite its flaws, you love it because of its flaws. Something that isn't flawed isn't meant to be loved.

Justforthis

Postby Nightdawg » Mon May 29, 2023 2:08 am

At least jorb didn't hit you with that "will consider" 4 years ago.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby gravesmerch » Tue May 30, 2023 1:41 pm

if devs figure out terraforming(or building) a Pond that fills up with rain, then you can breed turtle, fish, shrimp, even ducks and frogs?
gravesmerch

Postby Justforthis » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:58 am

gravesmerch wrote:if devs figure out terraforming(or building) a Pond that fills up with rain, then you can breed turtle, fish, shrimp, even ducks and frogs?

They would never allow us to breed fish I don't think, it would kill fishing as it existst in the game. Frogs would be cool but I doubt they'll implement pond-building capabilities at least in a terraforming sense.

Justforthis

Postby jock » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:24 pm

I actually suggested a new credo for all kinds of breeding, habitariain.

Where you could build habitats for each animal and the habitat quality would softcap the animals as to give us a way to progress animal quality including fish.

Ofc the realm buff for fish should also be increased by A LOT.
jock

Return to Critique & Ideas