combat and hunting is unnecessary complex and tedious

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

combat and hunting is unnecessary complex and tedious

Postby avros008 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:19 pm

İ dont understand how does combat work in this game. 4 colurs, cards and stuff... why dont you make it like left clik for targetting and right click for attack maybe some special attacks from credos like a rts :D let the character stats and the equiment clash and dont waste my brain cells.

About the hunting what the hell is that you need to 1v1 to hunt a bear?? How does that work we should be able to hit it with something pointy and follow it from safe distance or track it untill it collapses. Now you need to cheese it a very strange and idiotic ways or you need to wait for to be able to meele the animal 1v1 what are we? The hercules reborn?
dafels wrote:the midges are not the problem,
you're the problem
avros008

Re: combat and hunting is unnecessary complex and tedious

Postby maze » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9HQ6SMfxJE&t=14s

Understanding how to fight take time and effort to learn. Once you learn it~ it's easy.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Luno » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:47 pm

avros008 wrote:let the character stats and the equiment clash and dont waste my brain cells.

Do you really think the stats/gear competition wastes less brain cells than the 4 color combat system?
Stop being limitado, the system is not that complex, just learn it.
Luno

Postby jock » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:40 pm

avros008 wrote:İ dont understand how does combat work in this game. 4 colurs, cards and stuff... why dont you make it like left clik for targetting and right click for attack maybe some special attacks from credos like a rts :D let the character stats and the equiment clash and dont waste my brain cells.

About the hunting what the hell is that you need to 1v1 to hunt a bear?? How does that work we should be able to hit it with something pointy and follow it from safe distance or track it untill it collapses. Now you need to cheese it a very strange and idiotic ways or you need to wait for to be able to meele the animal 1v1 what are we? The hercules reborn?

Haven is just a simple game mascarading as a complex one.
jock

Postby avros008 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:07 pm

Luno wrote:
avros008 wrote:let the character stats and the equiment clash and dont waste my brain cells.

Do you really think the stats/gear competition wastes less brain cells than the 4 color combat system?
Stop being limitado, the system is not that complex, just learn it.

They waste more than enough for my smooth brain
dafels wrote:the midges are not the problem,
you're the problem
avros008

Postby Mystic_Nomad » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:24 pm

is there anyway to fix 1-5 hotkeys being replaced with combat hotkeys, something that keeps hotkeys consistent ? I've tried rebinding but almost every letter on the keyboard has a shortcut already and glitches combat keys?

most random letters have adventure/crafting reciples and are higher priority than combat manuevers bound to the same letter

This is very limiting
Mystic_Nomad

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:46 pm

Some custom clients allow you to rebind.
Robben_DuMarsch

Return to Critique & Ideas