the satiation system is garbage

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

the satiation system is garbage

Postby Massa » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:45 am

remove it

it's like a permanent shitty debuff that just gets drank away anyway

energy+hunger keeps people in the dirt enough, a third barely coherent system (blueberry pies satiate fucking dairy) is unneeded
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Re: the satiation system is garbage

Postby Colin500 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:50 am

Encourages to stop playing, I don't see a problem with that.

At least some people get to live a normal life instead of the grind-everything-fest the game is right now.
Colin500

Postby Massa » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:52 am

Colin500 wrote:Encourages to stop playing, I don't see a problem with that.

At least some people get to live a normal life instead of the grind-everything-fest the game is right now.

there seems to be some arbitrary hamper or "let's make this 90% shittier" system on everything in the game right now

this isn't a god damn full time job but jorb seems to want it to be
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Colin500 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:59 am

Well I can't fully agree with that because they do implement some qol stuff, like the whole granary makeover or the tree chopping axe.

Yet sadly they keep wasting their time over some random useless stuff like hats on nidbanes.
Colin500

Postby 2d0x » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:22 am

Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby Massa » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:04 am

2d0x wrote:http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=57851

i won't stop posting about how this system needs a change
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby ekzarh » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:51 am

Instead of talking shit about current system you'd better propose something which serves the same purpose but does it better.

Current satiation system:
1) Incentivizes production of drinks.
2) Slows down initial stats progress before you can access all drinks.
3) As a result slows down quick power-leveling of alts (crafter/combat or whatever)
4) Induces making different things and eating varying food instead of just spamming 4 foods for 4 combat stats.

Now we get 3k+ stat monsters after a few month of the world.
Without satiation system we get about twice as fast.

So you are basically asking to reduce already scarce game content, activities variety and casual/hardcore player balance.
Let's just make it Haven idle quest then.(sarcasm)

P.S. Regading alts problem... 15$/caharcter/month solves that way better than any other way.
ekzarh

Postby Massa » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:10 am

ekzarh wrote:Instead of talking shit about current system you'd better propose something which serves the same purpose but does it better.

Current satiation system:
1) Incentivizes production of drinks.
2) Slows down initial stats progress before you can access all drinks.
3) As a result slows down quick power-leveling of alts (crafter/combat or whatever)
4) Induces making different things and eating varying food instead of just spamming 4 foods for 4 combat stats.

Now we get 3k+ stat monsters after a few month of the world.
Without satiation system we get about twice as fast.

So you are basically asking to reduce already scarce game content, activities variety and casual/hardcore player balance.
Let's just make it Haven idle quest then.(sarcasm)

P.S. Regading alts problem... 15$/caharcter/month solves that way better than any other way.

Here's the same purpose but does it better:
Removing it.

It's nothing to big factions and it's like a bear trap for nabs. Fucks them for good. I remember my friends killed themselves instead of dealing with cleansing satiations when we were little nablets. It does nothing to hamper the big guys.

Alternatively, it could just work like the hunger system and passively decline on its own.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby ekzarh » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:28 am

Massa wrote:It's nothing to big factions and it's like a bear trap for nabs. Fucks them for good. I remember my friends killed themselves instead of dealing with cleansing satiations when we were little nablets. It does nothing to hamper the big guys.

Alternatively, it could just work like the hunger system and passively decline on its own.

Whatever the size of the faction - you cant get
wine, beer, milk faster than their ingredients are made. which is up to irl week or two.

For the sake of nabs we can remove death, damage from animals, pvp, combat, silkfarming or whatever. People either want to read&understand game mechanics, do about it and play with that knowledge or not.
If they don't, they pay for it with troubles and either agree that they deserved it or start whining.

When I've learned the game, I've ruined my characters in many possible ways. But that was clearly due to my inexperience and that was actually fun.

I do agree on one thing and I would state it once again
Dear developers! The game should explain itself! Each and every aspect of game mechanics MUST be described somewhere inside a game. Better, if this 'somewhere' is clear, visible and understandable.
ekzarh

Postby Massa » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:22 am

ekzarh wrote:
Massa wrote:It's nothing to big factions and it's like a bear trap for nabs. Fucks them for good. I remember my friends killed themselves instead of dealing with cleansing satiations when we were little nablets. It does nothing to hamper the big guys.

Whatever the size of the faction - you cant get
wine, beer, milk faster than their ingredients are made. which is up to irl week or two.

For the sake of nabs we can remove death, damage from animals, pvp, combat, silkfarming or whatever. People either want to read&understand game mechanics, do about it and play with that knowledge or not.
If they don't, they pay for it with troubles and either agree that they deserved it or start whining.

When I've learned the game, I've ruined my characters in many possible ways. But that was clearly due to my inexperience and that was actually fun.

I do agree on one thing and I would state it once again
Dear developers! The game should explain itself! Each and every aspect of game mechanics MUST be described somewhere inside a game. Better, if this 'somewhere' is clear, visible and understandable.

big difference between the process of silkmaking and a decimal multiplier

my argument is that it's arbitrary and annoying and doesn't serve as an interesting or beneficial mechanic

what betterment does this system offer?
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas