jorb wrote:Marginal. Won't change. I get that this is a bitch when it happens, but keeping and maintaining this mechanic for all vehicles is a bit of work, and there are also a lot of strange cases. What if someone steals my boat? It would then be nice if I could steal the stuff back from the boat, &c&c.
Lots of question, marginal situation.
If the problem is abstracted properly, it's not a big issue in code maintenance that I can see. maybe I'm wrong. maybe it'll need a huge rewrite to get to this point. (I also know what loftar thinks of the object oriented paradigm.)
As far as I care, the boat is "owned" as long as I'm the one driving it. When I leave, it's not mine. OR you can do like the knarr and the first person to put a lock on it... Something like that, maybe.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.