The current hunger system incetivizes alts

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: The current hunger system incetivizes alts

Postby Massa » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:01 pm

stya wrote:
Massa wrote:miners are scrounging so hard for food they're eating stockpiles of bones.

Is this a joke or you really can't make decent food? Then blame the energy system?

Are you stupid or just pretending? One hundred jotuns isn't very much when it comes to things like mining.

I'm not going to eat good food if I have to eat so often it keeps me way under even 100% efficacy.

Is that seriously the thing you pull out of all my points? The point I'm trying to make? Energy is stupid and forces alting if you want any level of progress.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby stya » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:43 pm

Chill, at least I got my answer, you can't.
stya

Postby Gensokyo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:56 pm

stya wrote:Is this a joke or you really can't make decent food? Then blame the energy system?

Eat lots of ok energy, low satiation food > screw up your hunger, making the attempt to salvage your satiations worthless, and possibly increasing your required FEP gain per fep level.
Eat lots of great energy, low hunger food > screw up your satiations, making the attempt to salvage your hunger worthless, and possibly increasing your required FEP gain per fep level.

meanwhile
Make an alt (or why not just 10 while you're at it) and just simply don't give a shit about what garbage FEP gains and hunger level your alt goes into, while your main character can just sit at 300% forever without any care in the world.
Gensokyo

Postby stya » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:21 pm

1) Get a decent table, no more hunger problems.
2) Get drinks, no more satiation problems.

All my alts have satiations similar to this:

Since devs made it so drinks also reset themselves satiations never are an issue. You can also get a table down to 1-2% even without symbel on it, even 8-10% is enough to keep you at 300% if you don't overeat.
stya

Postby NOOBY93 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:04 pm

stya wrote:1) Get a decent table, no more hunger problems.
2) Get drinks, no more satiation problems.

All my alts have satiations similar to this:

Since devs made it so drinks also reset themselves satiations never are an issue. You can also get a table down to 1-2% even without symbel on it, even 8-10% is enough to keep you at 300% if you don't overeat.

tl;dr: game design doesn't matter, just get gud xdddd

you are literally posing no arguments FOR the systems in place. Being able to avoid those systems is not an argument FOR those systems.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Gensokyo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:19 pm

stya wrote:You can also get a table down to 1-2% even without symbel on it, even 8-10% is enough to keep you at 300% if you don't overeat.

So you literally give an example of why the current hunger system incentivizes alts, tell everyone that you have multiple alts yet somehow lack the perception to notice how the system incentivizes alts?

And again, why bother lighting a bonfire and getting high charisma/symbelware when you could just make an alt, give him a cupboard of morsels at his mine and let him automine away instead of trecking back and forth to fancily dine pancakes and cheese, and having enough liters of a drink that would kill a man?

No system should ever punish a player for actually playing and getting shit done, and instead reward him/nullify any of the punishments for softcore botting (or just actual botting).
Gensokyo

Postby stya » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:33 pm

My lack of perception is so high I know, thanks, yes I have alts and I don't see it as an issue sorry.

I don't get why you guys are so salty and aggressive though, if anything I would be for an extension of the energy bar, maybe based on constitution?

Something like : max energy += 5000*sqrt((max(10,con-10))/100)

Edit: for more elegant math, buy a skill that unlocks the potential of con/energy to keep the 10k base max energy from the start, buying the skill adds 5000*sqrt(con/100) max energy, so it would be 100 instead of 110 etc...

That would double your max energy at 410 con, triple at 1610 con, then the gain would be ridiculous. It would really make a difference with low stats, you would reach 15000 max energy with 110 con, which sounds useful to me but not too broken at the same time.

Energy should still be a limit, it does not make sense to be able to play a whole year without eating and or do things like deforestation with water as the only limit. I have seen worlds with huge barren areas due to deforestation and this is not nice, people tend to not remove trees systematically now outside their place, partially because thay have to eat.

Hunger+satiation are there to limit how much can eat and to make an endless 24/7 botted grinding much less efficient while making us proactive in the food choice. While not perfect the whole system should not be thrown away imo.
Last edited by stya on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
stya

Postby Massa » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:42 pm

stya wrote:My lack of perception is so high I know, thanks, yes I have alts and I don't see it as an issue sorry.

I don't get why you guys are so salty and aggressive though, if anything I would be for an extension of the energy bar, maybe based on constitution?

Something like : max energy += 5000*sqrt((max(10,con-10))/100)

That would double your max energy at 410 con, triple at 1610 con, then the gain would be ridiculous. It would really make a difference with low stats, you would reach 15000 max energy with 110 con, which sounds useful to me but not too broken at the same time.

Energy should still be a limit, it does not make sense to be able to play a whole year without eating and or do things like deforestation with water as the only limit. I have seen worlds with huge barren areas due to deforestation and this is not nice, people tend to not remove trees systematically now outside their place, partially because thay have to eat.

Hunger+satiation are there to limit how much can eat and to make an endless 24/7 botted grinding much less efficient while making us proactive in the food choice. While not perfect the whole system should not be thrown away imo.

the problem isn't maintaining energy

the problem is that maintaining energy slashes the neck of your satiations and hunger bar

"HURRR JUST USE GOOD TABLE XD"

it furthers the colossal divide between nabs and nerds
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby stya » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:58 pm

Sorry but a decent table is affordable and represents something to trade between higher and lower players.

I genuinely think you either are a troll or making 0 efforts with your hunger/satiation/energy, thread should be ignored by the devs until something meaningful comes out of it, not another troll hyperbole like depleting energy in 20s.
stya

Postby Gensokyo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:30 pm

Neither Hunger nor Satiations stop bots.
Satiations do not force you to eat smart because most of the times they don't even affect their own foodtype, meaning you can chowder down as much as you want while you screw up another satiation. And resetting them without drinks boils down to RNG and tedium yet again.

Hunger being made into a non issue from a table just makes the whole system dumb and questionable on why the system exists in the first place aside from being a method of generating tedium on players after the first few months. Don't get me wrong, I actually like Hunger AND (at least the concept) of Satiations, but combined together they just bog down into un-necessary tedium.

loftar wrote:Agree completely, drinks should be removed/reworked.
Gensokyo

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas