by animary » Wed Aug 12, 2026 10:28 pm
I'm not for abolishing PvP, it has its uses. I want to rein in the "I love to hunt sprucecaps" attitude, which does nothing to attract new players. I want to remove the "There's a new market/well, lets go destroy it" mentality. Admittedly I fail to comprehend the "fun" in ruining other peoples games. Use PvP against those who've done something to deserve it. Or place it on a realm basis - wars over resources, territory, etc.
I proposed a PvP checkbox when you create a new character. If you check that it is the game as normal except you can only attack other PvP players. If you do not check that you cannot be attacked nor can you attack another player. However, if a non-PvP player commits a crime they lose that status for a specified time (24hrs?, 48hrs?) and can be attacked anytime anywhere.
As an aside, for all the folks who keep telling the rpg crowd to go play Farmville or Stardew Valley, those games have no hunting, no fishing, no exploration, no mining, etc., thus are a far cry from Haven. Haven is complex and interesting, with so much to do; I just wish it was conducive to a more social aspect of playing.