Nidbane nerf

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Nidbane nerf

Postby spawningmink » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:48 pm

it should be maybe one nidbane per scent, after a nidbane is summoned no more nidbanes cal be summoned to that person using that scent even after the nidbane is killed. this way there is potential to kill the player but not a 100% chance like it is now by spamming them
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:49 pm

Kaios wrote:
spawningmink wrote:everyone of our guys that have left a scents got a vist from nidbanes every day

if they dont get summoned then people cant see your scents

And how many times have they been successful?

They are also unsuccessful if you use Q1 fetter to spawn them, the problem doesn't lie in the idiots using nidbanes.

The problem with nidbanes is if used correctly (send multiple of them (3+) at the same time so they can't teamfight them, if they don't work keep whittling the victim down with 2 nidbanes at a time) you can simply kill someone with no way of stopping it, provided you have 2-3 scents to use.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby spawningmink » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:52 pm

the way loftar put it was if you leave 5 murder scents you deserve it. if you leave your gates open or die with master key on you, you deserve to be raided! but that didnt stop visitor debuff
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby Kaios » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:58 pm

spawningmink wrote:both people have died

I'd assume there was at least one murder scent involved. You're right, if you send them with some logic attached, ie. say a guy leaves a vandal a few theft and a murder so you send the theft first to get some opening, vandal might get a bit of damage in then vengeful incant the last one which would be the murder scent and hope it is successful. I can also see how it would be easy to avoid that situation other than during a real raid/fight and not just petty griefing.
Kaios

Postby spawningmink » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:01 pm

Kaios wrote:
spawningmink wrote:both people have died

I'd assume there was at least one murder scent involved. You're right, if you send them with some logic attached, ie. say a guy leaves a vandal a few theft and a murder so you send the theft first to get some opening, vandal might get a bit of damage in then vengeful incant the last one which would be the murder scent and hope it is successful. I can also see how it would be easy to avoid that situation other than during a real raid/fight and not just petty griefing.

one of our guys was attacked by 2 people and managed to kill one of them, they sent a murder nidbane and he died . his response was "there was nothing I could do" fun right?

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby Kaios » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:10 pm

spawningmink wrote:one of our guys was attacked by 2 people and managed to kill one of them, they sent a murder nidbane and he died . his response was "there was nothing I could do" fun right?

I thought the devs changed it so you don't leave a murder scent when you're the one getting aggrod
Kaios

Postby spawningmink » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:11 pm

Kaios wrote:
spawningmink wrote:one of our guys was attacked by 2 people and managed to kill one of them, they sent a murder nidbane and he died . his response was "there was nothing I could do" fun right?

I thought the devs changed it so you don't leave a murder scent when you're the one getting aggrod

battery ma dude

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby Kaios » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:12 pm

spawningmink wrote:battery ma dude

That's not a murder scent...
Kaios

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:19 pm

Kaios wrote:
spawningmink wrote:battery ma dude

That's not a murder scent...

You DON'T leave battery, you do leave murder, is what he wanted to say, I think. Not sure though, don't know exactly how the mechanics work of getting aggroed. This would be more logical though.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Kaios » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:20 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:You DON'T leave battery, you do leave murder, is what he wanted to say, I think.

It it does work that way, it shouldn't. I can agree that if someone aggros you and you kill them there shouldn't be any murder scent at all. Battery doesn't seem so bad.
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas