Nidbane nerf

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Nidbane nerf

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:29 pm

Potjeh wrote:Yeah, I'm all for one nid per scent. But also for making it so your friends can't help you fight it.

yea im also in favor of nidbanes being 1v1s and i think if 5 are sent at once that openings should reset after each nidbane is killed.
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Potjeh » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:46 pm

Sounds perfectly reasonable.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Zeler » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:41 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:
Potjeh wrote: You need to get multiple kills to get nidbaned killed in return. Sounds like a favorable trade to me. You just want it to be completely free because you're filthy casuals.

*LEANS INTO MIC* WRONG

even sending one murder nidbin can fuck someone. my experience fighting murder nidbanes is they raise multiple openings extremely fast, leaving artful evasion as the only skill you can effectively use to maintain low openings. artful evasion is hardly an option though, as it's impossible to gain the required ip without already taking a shit ton of damage because they attack so fast. this leaves going full offense the most effective way to kill the nidbin, but even doing this you will take a decent amount of damage on a decent or empowered murder nidbane. now you've lost health, there's still 9 days left on this scent and i imagine if someone fought them off as they came you could send at least 3 a day with 1 scent. so you're fighting the same nidbin from the 1 murder you left MULTIPLE times and taking more and more damage each time. nidburns are probably the slowest healing wound so you will keep low hhp over the course of the scent timer. you can't do anything to avoid mass nidbins other than just let the nidbane sit at your char for like 23 hours and then kill it, then you've just lost 9 days of playing haven on that char and even then still received 9 nidbanes. if it is one nidbane only you could just kill it with your villagers and lose probably nothing but that still requires you to not be moving as the nidbane comes and wait for people to get on and back you up.

when you get multiple nidbanes at a time its even worse because people cant help you and your openings remain the same as the next one comes for you, as everyone already talked about xd

if anything, AT LEAST make it so that only one nidbane can be sent per scent left, not one at a time xd.

Well spoken. This man preaches the truth.
Zeler

Postby Atamzsiktrop » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:04 pm

Kaios wrote:
spawningmink wrote:the main point is nidbanes are too powerful and pretty muhc unkillable in groups

those weren't murder nidbanes
Atamzsiktrop

Postby Kaios » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:17 pm

Atamzsiktrop wrote:those weren't murder nidbanes

That is correct it was 2 theft 3 vandal but that was never my point, there are other crimes besides murder but current system makes a person less culpable for destroying the base than it does for killing the inhabitants. Do you guys want to increase the amount of pvp in the world or don't you? Making it difficult to kill the player but easier to steal and vandalize doesn't really do that in my opinion.
Kaios

Postby Atamzsiktrop » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:35 pm

well thats just how it is and i think it makes sense as murder is the worst crime (strongest nidbane)

its like in harry potter hehe - killing spell was the worst
The Killing Curse (Avada Kedavra) is a tool of the Dark Arts and one of the three Unforgivable Curses. It is one of the most powerful and sinister spells known to wizardkind.
and what are nidbns if not dementors
Atamzsiktrop

Postby Ozzy123 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:40 am

Make it so murder nidbanes are between you and your victims UA or something, that way killing 5 naked alts that someone spawned outside your base doesn't make a 1000000000000 ua character dead.
Make it so their attacks cost coins, so they can't attack you for 50 red before you can stack enough coins to use any red defence.
Make it so the opennings reset after each nidbane.
Make nidburns heal a bit faster.

Just do it, please.. I really hated making murder alts in salem, I don't want hnh to get ruined by the same mechanic..
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby Potjeh » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:04 pm

Please no power based on delta UA. Sure, naked alts are a problem, but that can be solved differently. How about drawing the line at Yeomanry? Killing a character without it would result in weaker scents.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Atamzsiktrop » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:30 pm

why yeomanry?
Atamzsiktrop

Postby Potjeh » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:42 pm

An arbitrary line. Could also be based on total LP, maybe something like 10-20k.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas