Drinking while running

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Drinking while running

Postby jordancoles » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:17 am

ydex wrote:so who ever have the best ratio of food / water in inventory then?

think I read that jorb said he doesnt like the whole inv full with water scenario. add in foods as well and its even ugglier?
no stamina loss in combat, could that work?

Lol, then why have stamina at all?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby ydex » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:50 am

jordancoles wrote:
ydex wrote:so who ever have the best ratio of food / water in inventory then?

think I read that jorb said he doesnt like the whole inv full with water scenario. add in foods as well and its even ugglier?
no stamina loss in combat, could that work?

Lol, then why have stamina at all?

day to day stamina forces ppl that work alot to eat some I have noticed. I'm sure you have too. Or do you only eat to replenish energy after fights/spars u lazy leecher? ;)

Anyways, any real opinions on why it would/not work to remove stamina drain from combat?
bold
ydex

Postby jordancoles » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:09 am

ydex wrote:Anyways, any real opinions on why it would/not work to remove stamina drain from combat?

>See a person you want to attack
>Open spar or agro your party m8 and run towards your target (without agroing them) for no stamina drain
>Target runs away from you and drains stamina the entire time
>You catch up since you're in combat and therefore not losing stamina while the victim is not in combat and must drink
>You initiate combat once you've caught up and are standing on top of the victim while he's drinking
>???
>Profit
Last edited by jordancoles on Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby ydex » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:16 am

jordancoles wrote:
ydex wrote:Anyways, any real opinions on why it would/not work to remove stamina drain from combat?

>See a person you want to attack
>Open spar or agro your party m8 and run towards your target (without agroing them) for no stamina drain
>Target runs away from us and drains stamina the entire time
>We catch up since we're in combat and therefore not losing stamina
>We agro once we're on top of them and they need to drink
>???
>Profit

well no, if he isnt stupid he aggroes to get infinite stamina too.
if stupid is taken into account current system is worse since this exact tactic works when attacking ppl not prepared for fight, since those ppl will not have as much water in inventory.
bold
ydex

Postby jordancoles » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:17 am

ydex wrote:well no, if he isnt stupid he aggroes to get infinite stamina too.

And if they don't have rage?

It would just shit on noobs

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby ydex » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:26 am

jordancoles wrote:
ydex wrote:well no, if he isnt stupid he aggroes to get infinite stamina too.

And if they don't have rage?

It would just shit on noobs

I do believe the official statement from devs is that chars with rage isnt worth anything anyways? ;)
But yea that might be the one down side, all be it a small one. possibly another one would be something around like timing drinking to swimming rivers? :S

I'm sort of having a hard time seeing problems since in my view; if food and water means inf. stamina anyways then game might as well allow inf. running. Tbh I'm not sure drinking while running when out of combat is even a fun mechanic... make like 3rd speed highest speed n have everyone always run at 3rd speed?
bold
ydex

Postby jordancoles » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:40 am

Ugh...

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby ydex » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:48 am

jordancoles wrote:Ugh...

agreed xD altho IF going back to pure legacy system as OP suggested I do remeber some legacy fights where we actually had to go back to village with some fighters, while other kept chasing, to get more food and water. And that I feel wasa fun strategical element. All be it that those chases needed CR systems covering whole world to be able to rejoin in fights etc. so this isnt an option anymore.

And ofc those chases lasted for hours (which I found to be fun but many didn't). So thats prolly downside of inf stamina.

back to the "chases last too long/chases last too short" I suppose :P
bold
ydex

Postby viznew » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:29 am

what if you were slowed to crawl while drinking and if moveing drink at slower pace
ImageImage
viznew

Postby spawningmink » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:00 am

or drinking while running uses more water (spilling) stopping while drinking is fucking stupid lol
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas