Alternative view: Hafen Development

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Alternative view: Hafen Development

Postby CSPAN » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:22 pm

I like this, a lot

Normalizing bots and building them into the game itself would take care of the remedial tasks that drive me fucking insane would probably make me play longer.

Fuck make these bots for subscription or verified accounts, capitalize niggaz.
+++

Should probably look at curios and exp in general. Exp comes naturally early world, when youre doing a variety of things to develop. But in maintenance, I find getting EXP a task, thats totally unfun and a nuisance and I have honestly just stopped trying. Why play if the only thing Im doing is stressing about farming, crafting curios, and then going highly out of my way to get Experience points to study said curios.

I do not have the luxury of bots, so doing the farm can literally take hours upon hours, especially with pumpkins with the realm buff.

Devs need to look at what makes this game successful in the beginning and mid term, and work on prolonging this type of experience. After you've settled and youre just bumping quality on a world that probably wont last more than 6-12 months, it all seems redundant.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby Gigglepuddy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:40 pm

i guess im the only person who likes the explosion of population that your animals go through then. i absolutely love that i was given 2 free horses a few weeks ago, and i now have like 7. i just kill all but my highest quality male and female horses as soon as they reach adulthood, turn em into sausage for dat sweet FP, and dump 200,000,000,000,000 stockpiles of whole pumpkins into the feeding trough to hold them over for another day or two.
Gigglepuddy

Postby maze » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:33 pm

LadyGoo wrote:
1. Feeding the animals. ~~~~~
This was to combat people from having a billion. 1 person should not be able to feed 500.
With a simple farm I was able to keep feeding animals. however the rest of the caring for animals part is indeed annoying.
Combat people will have a billion if they will really need it. The thing is, that as long as you keep us with the world average no-one really wants/needs to have 500 animals. The stats difference in combat is nerfed already. Like, really, I could maintain 1000 heads if I would really want or need to. Just build a slightly larger city that is. Meanwhile, people are facing the problem of animals starving while they're away for some time. Not good.

Starving of animals is likely do to over population of animals & not having 2 or more toughs (what should be increased to hold more food)
yes anyone who you puts there mind to have a ton of animals can care for a ton.
So if jorb increases it you go from being able to care for 20 to 50 then cry you want more.
Idk how it's hard for you and your arm. but it's good at it's current spot and I was able to care for pairs with 5 strips of 20 crops.

So basically beets take 2 days to grow make it 4 so that it will be q10 instead of 5. however you production for beets go down since now you have to wait longer. meaning to get same production rate you have to increase you farms by 100%. bad idea.
Sounds like you're not really attempting to provide crits, but try to sound smart. :D obviously it can be tweaked either way, depends on how the devs want it to be. Yeah, you might have to have twice bigger fields (bigger cities as a result) or just yield more crops per harvest. 6 beets instead of 3.

the crit was that making it a longer time would lower production. as you failed to read. your english is getting worse then my own.

increasing city size and crop size are all very annoying things. hermits only want small bases-
But yes even I thought about increasing Yields- This ideally would be good.
But if farming had an extra stage.
Growth stage 2 days (Yield 3, q increases 5)
over growth 2 days (Yield 6 , q increases 10)
This would also help Q rotating.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Gigglepuddy wrote:explosion of population

Gigglepuddy wrote:and i now have like 7.

DDDsDD999

Postby Gigglepuddy » Wed May 03, 2017 1:10 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:
Gigglepuddy wrote:explosion of population

Gigglepuddy wrote:and i now have like 7.

that was after not logging on for a day or two. if i dont logon to at least kill off my horses every 2 days, on the third day i log on to like 14 horses in the pen. i have also never seen the supposed breeding animation the horses go through, but mine tend to become "with foal" as soon as they reach adulthood.
Gigglepuddy

Postby Luanes » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:39 pm

I guess the planting / harvesting minions is a "okay" feature if it just can't get you to the top with it. I guess farmers that really log everyday to check their farms should be rewarded. My solution?"

Make bots "dumb" plant and harvest, just collect and plant, and make then have your farming divided by 2 OR 3. So, if you leave the game, when you come back you will be at least at half your maximum skill cap, if you want to go really far being offline, increase your skills far more.
Luanes

Postby Massa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:19 pm

yes can animals please eat less

there's almost 0 reason to even have them compared to legacy

cheese is shit, satiations make it more shit, everything takes almost a week to age why the hell do i even have these animals
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas