The current hunger system incetivizes alts

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: The current hunger system incetivizes alts

Postby Spin2Win » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:54 am

wut? wut? why i dont even understand the hunger thing lol i only understand the FEP and energy nothing is wrong i dont think cuz i dont do alot of hard labor things and im in a group so i dont know what the problem is :| i still have these suky rustic tables too lol and rustic chairs plus basic utensils and i know that it helps having better seats and stuff like that but the things i have are pretty good to me because im not very far into the game
Sic Parvis Magna; Greatness from small beginnings.
Spin2Win

Postby Spin2Win » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:55 am

wats wrong with the system lol
Sic Parvis Magna; Greatness from small beginnings.
Spin2Win

Postby Massa » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:31 pm

Spin2Win wrote:wats wrong with the system lol

So, if you read the thread, you'd understand the system compounds.

Energy demands food, food increases hunger dramatically, trashes satiations, makes FEP gain impossible if you're using your main for the work.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Spudre » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:09 pm

This system makes me feel like just another timegate keeping me from playing my character and getting stuff done. It might not matter as much when you got Symbel out your ass (or Salt, which requires alts too lol) late game but for the early game it just makes me feel like i should just log out for a week to get rid of my Energy problems completely, but i dont want to. I just want to get shit done and actually get to the parts of the game i enjoy which require lots of Energy IE Mining.

Why not change Hunger so if you eat at 100% Ravenous you wont gain any Feps? Who even eats at Famished levels anyway except Slave Alts?
Or just add food/drinks with Energy without adding any Hunger. Simple.
Spudre

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:35 pm

Alt spam is crazy efficient until you set up symbel, drinks, and salt, since you can just override the system at that point. I'd like to hear any reason the current energy system adds some sort of fun or intrique to the game, besides being able to ignore its downsides later on.
DDDsDD999

Postby overtyped » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:53 pm

the system is fine as is.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby NOOBY93 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:54 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:Alt spam is crazy efficient until you set up symbel, drinks, and salt, since you can just override the system at that point. I'd like to hear any reason the current energy system adds some sort of fun or intrique to the game, besides being able to ignore its downsides later on.

this

overtyped wrote:the system is fine as is.

how
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby overtyped » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:46 am

NOOBY93 wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:Alt spam is crazy efficient until you set up symbel, drinks, and salt, since you can just override the system at that point. I'd like to hear any reason the current energy system adds some sort of fun or intrique to the game, besides being able to ignore its downsides later on.

this

overtyped wrote:the system is fine as is.

how

I haven't used an alt, and i'm doing fine.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby ekzarh » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:58 am

Current system seems ok.
Why?
It incentivizes players to do different things.
Out of energy? Come out from your mine and go exploring/fishing/hunting/foraging.
Debuffing a possibility to do things endlessly is a thing that at least to some extend balances people who play 16h/day and ones who play 1-2h/day and do it for fun not for 'mine 100000 iron to spin quality to 300 in one week'. Not entirely though but it still serves good purpose.

Alts... alts are problem, that I agree. In any game which is not idle quest alts give advantage So why do we fix all kinds of nice and interesting game mechanics instead of fixing alts? Let's fix alts, it's easy and profitable for developers.
ekzarh

Postby Massa » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:49 am

ekzarh wrote:Current system seems ok.
Why?
It incentivizes players to do different things.
Out of energy? Come out from your mine and go exploring/fishing/hunting/foraging.
Debuffing a possibility to do things endlessly is a thing that at least to some extend balances people who play 16h/day and ones who play 1-2h/day and do it for fun not for 'mine 100000 iron to spin quality to 300 in one week'. Not entirely though but it still serves good purpose.

Alts... alts are problem, that I agree. In any game which is not idle quest alts give advantage So why do we fix all kinds of nice and interesting game mechanics instead of fixing alts? Let's fix alts, it's easy and profitable for developers.

if i need to fucking dig a 150x150 underground hole for a village i'm not going to go outside to play grab-ass with beetles, fish and punch animals

if you're out of energy your only solution is to shit all over your satiations and hunger so you can play the game without taking a cozy cutesy stroll with yogi the bear and explore the very uneventful rivers near you
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas