MagicManICT wrote:Headchef wrote:Kearn wrote:it should just be impossible for anyone else other than the target to engage a nidbane and the nominal (uncapped) stats of nidbanes should live-update with the target's stats. done ez nidbanes work again
if you think this then you don't know how they currently work
you can hardly draw this conclusion from the post that they don't know what they're talking about
well this is where you are wrong because even without questioning their change would be implemented it would change nothing about the uselessness of nidbanes.
and I am not trying to defend some group having an upper hand on something I am just defending a more logical approach to changing game dynamics rather than making a mess under the guise of a feeling about what is right or just towards some people.
I could explain why it would be wrong too but I do not believe people who lack the core understanding are capable of seeing the bigger picture after why I explain this point would not work.
The response will just be a slightly adjusted version and the main motivation behind it would be that things ''feel unfair'' or something along those lines. If someone has a good idea I'm all for it but try to think it through and try to immediately think about how it could be abused.
Most ideas about making nidbanes overpowered will just result in shifting the meta from actual fights using the combat system towards provoking criminal acts of your enemy and then using the nidbane system to rape them back.
And now another guy would join the conversation stating how it could be dependant on stats or some nonsense but it's completely irrelevant you can just bait it on low stat character to pretend to be a new player.
It's just a form of giving new players a form of protection but then in the appearance of a ghost.
Atleast jorb knows that stuff does not end well.