P2P plan

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Jorb betrayed himself

Postby shubla » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:13 pm

In 2009:
jorb wrote:We have discussed ways to make money from this game -- and it would be my wet dream come true if I could work full time on it -- but payments, if they were to happen, will never affect in game variables. That would ruin everything that I like about the game. If payments were to happen, which is not going to be anytime soon, they would most likely be in the form of a voluntary premium account. Maybe with cooler login screens, or something essentially meaningless like that. Our zero dollar budget has worked fine for a year and a half, and as long as it does, nothing needs to change.

And yes, the game would be a lot less fun without the thieves and the grief. Dark clouds are what makes you appreciate a sunny day.

2016:
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Re: Jorb betrayed himself

Postby Hasta » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:15 pm

"Fool is not the one who changes his opinion, but the one who goes many years without changing it"
Hasta

Postby Zeler » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:15 pm

no honor!
Zeler

Postby shubla » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:16 pm

Hasta wrote:"Fool is not the one who changes his opinion, but the one who goes many years without changing it"

It seemed more like a promise!
Never trust a swede!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Hasta » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:18 pm

jorb circa 2009 wrote:That would ruin everything that I like about the game.

Now he likes payments about this game. He changed his opinion on the matter.
Hasta

Postby strpk0 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:33 pm

So what is plan B then? Make the subscriptions so meaningless and unappealing that nobody will ever buy them, and therefore never allow the devs to properly sustain themselves from their work?
If anything, you should be thankful that the benefits the current subscriptions offer are arguably small enough that you can fully enjoy the game without ever having to pay a penny for it.

And shubla, you seem to have a raging boner for crapping on the devs on a regular basis, is my point of view. Care to explain your reasoning behind that? Or more to the point, have you ever actually put the effort to develop a game that requires as much effort as this one, so that you can justify crapping on a developer for changing their point of view after 7 years of basically offering a free game to everyone?

Quality posts here guys, keep up the good work.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Salad » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:48 pm

Convenience =/= paying to win.

You're still going to be putting in a good chunk of time to do shit, it's not like you're paying outright for endgame, and if that was the case, i'd be pretty miffed about it.

If you want to pay for a skill gain boost, a dumb labor speed boost, or even a crafting speed boost, go ahead, it doesn't really affect the core game-play in any way other than reducing time spent on the projects people want to do (or not do).

The minute Jorb decides to start selling endgame items (or any items that are game changing in general) and give you levels because you paid, then you'd have a point.

But for now, shut the fuck up you idiot.

It's not like you'd donate out of the kindness of your heart, there are very few people who would ever do that kind of thing, even for a product they adore and love.
Salad

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:57 am

"Character development rate" =/= "convenience"
If you get more out of something through doing the same amount of work just because you spent money that is the definition of p2w
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Postby Valten21 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:25 am

If you were as rich and handsome as I am it wouldn't be an issue
You may have foiled the plans of BAD-EVIL this time, but there is no rest for the wicked.
Valten21

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:27 am

Valten21 wrote:If you were as rich and handsome as I am it wouldn't be an issue

People don't get rich by spending money on video games :lol:
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas