P2P plan

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Jorb betrayed himself

Postby strpk0 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:36 am

Jesus_Smith_Nandez wrote:"Character development rate" =/= "convenience"
If you get more out of something through doing the same amount of work just because you spent money that is the definition of p2w

Yes, but as a player I don't feel like I MUST pay in order to stand a chance against everyone else that is "p2w", or at the very least to have my fun with the game. The way I see it, if you really MUST be on the same level as everyone that pays for a subscription for some reason, then either put in more work or simply pay for the damn thing (which I'm pretty sure is what the devs had in mind when they changed the payment model to begin with).
Also, the current payment model means spending thousands of dollars won't get you any further than someone that spends the bare minimum on the subscriptions, unlike many actual p2w games.

I'm not saying the current payment model is perfect, I know it is not (and what you mentioned is possibly one of the reasons why). But it is a damn heck of a lot better than what was in place when the new version of haven launched. I also understand that it is normal (and honestly only logical) for developers to want something in return for their work (whether the work in question is a game or anything else), which is why I'm ok with the current model. I'm all for people coming up with better payment models that favor both the devs and the players (and let's face it, hat simulator isn't going to cut it, hence why the current subscription benefits exist), but I'm not going to show support for people that simply want to troll and cry because their game isn't 100% free and just assume the devs are greedy asshats because they themselves don't know what it takes to develop a game like this.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby LadyV » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:09 am

Thirty more points, and faster actions.... oh wow you can really do more than a free player. :roll: Its just convenience as it says it does not give you any special abilities just a bit of speed. In the scope of haven it really matters little. Now for the continued attack on Jorb and Loftar for making money on a product they could be making more from and close many out of of.... Don't bite the hand that provides your entertainment. It is rude and ungrateful.
LadyV

Postby Hasta » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:31 am

LadyV wrote:the hand that provides your entertainment

*giggidy*
Hasta

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:04 am

Just because you guys don't think of it as useful doesn't mean that that opinion speaks for everyone. It's obvious that someone at end game who is min-maxing is going to want a faster development rate to be ahead of their opponents and an extra 20 points to have even a small advantage. There's a reason sub tokens are worth so much on the marketplace.
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Postby anderako » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:07 am

I wipe my ass with 15 dollars
anderako

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:10 am

Fucking idiots wrote: It doesn't matter if the game is p2w because 15 dollars isn't a lot of money!

Except that's wrong
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Postby Hasta » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:18 am

Especially if you look at playerbase.
Hasta

Postby anderako » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:22 am

I understand your point that P2W is wrong. However, feeding the devs is right in my mind. Surely there is some compromise

Also, even if players didn't have the ability to progress 30% faster, noobs like you would still get wrecked.
anderako

Postby Yoru » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:51 am

anderako wrote:I understand your point that P2W is wrong. However, feeding the devs is right in my mind. Surely there is some compromise

Also, even if players didn't have the ability to progress 30% faster, noobs like you would still get wrecked.

so true
much truth
lel
devs actually need to have something in return.
Founder of Crestfall from W7 and W8
Member of the UNITE
I may be a former idiot, but that doesnt describe who I am now
Warning: I am not a troll shitposter. Please do not warn.
How the fuken fuck can boars can not be seen on map? I've almost fuken died!
Yoru

Postby Granger » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:53 pm

When reading stuff like what had started this thread I always think that it was a bad idea to give free accounts (apart from a single player demo in a pocket universe similar to the starting room) in the first place...
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas