P2P plan

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: PlayTime

Postby Granger » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:00 am

As this is resolved: merged into P2P plan.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Re: P2P plan

Postby arcolithe » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:47 am

tommya wrote: if you want to try the game as a brand new player, you can. if you want to be a competitive pvper top 10 on server, then yes just like every other game you're going to have to commit some serious time and money, whether it be money to the devs in this case, money to gold sellers in other games, or potential money from working because you're playing a videogame instead.

thanks,
if only everyone was able to understand that statement.
arcolithe

Postby masamune03 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:15 am

Woh I didn't even know it was p2w (I hate this model so much).

But in the end I don't really care since there are not a lot of people you meet and never had pvp and really not interested in pvp for this game. (but it would probably make me "rage" more when it happens, to think that maybe he had this advantage)

I remember when I played with the game time, I saw it, and stopped playing since you couldn't enjoy the game at all with the limit (you start building a base, and then surprise, you read the message "pay to play more"). That's nice the devs realized their mistake.

That's a good game though, would be better without p2w but just pay-to-get-only-cosmetics.
masamune03

Postby shubla » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:01 am

masamune03 wrote:That's a good game though, would be better without p2w but just pay-to-get-only-cosmetics.

Selling nothing else than cosmetics sure sounds like a good idea, but it simply does not give enough money.
Monthly subscriptions to get something in-game are a concept that has been proved good and used by many, many games successfully.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Tyrian » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:25 pm

veterans on this era , do not waste any cash on virtual games anymore.

also kids are smart nowadays as well , in the game where u can sink your money without any refund would only total retard waste his money on.

want cash ? make a single player game with option for multiplayer and sell it on steam. for 5 bucks this game would be buy-able. othewise , NO.

i dont need any empty words nor totaly lies promises.

also in game which gets data wipe , i dont see any reason to spend money nor even time.
Tyrian

Postby Glorthan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:40 pm

Tyrian wrote:also in game which gets data wipe , i dont see any reason to spend money nor even time.

Cya
Glorthan

Postby vatas » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:27 pm

Limited playtime thing drove away lots of people, most of who've yet to return. Wonder if Haven&Hearth would be bigger if they'd nailed the payment model from the start.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby jorb » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:58 pm

Tyrian wrote:want cash ? make a single player game with option for multiplayer and sell it on steam. for 5 bucks this game would be buy-able. othewise , NO.

i dont need any empty words nor totaly lies promises.

also in game which gets data wipe , i dont see any reason to spend money nor even time.

... and I don't need "suggestions" which are not realistically providing a basis for future development.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby blinx » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:08 am

I like the payment model, I think it's very fair and provides reasonable benefits for the investment, but not benefits so OP that people who don't pay can't compete. I think it's very well structured and sensibly designed, which is an opinion I hold of most of the rest of the game's design.

10/10 would buy again, will buy more sub, and my wife a verified account soon too.
Good job J&L. Much love.

EDIT: And without data wipes
A) They couldn't introduce new features as effectively, some not at all
B) The game would grow stale as fuck
C) There would pretty much never be the opportunity for players who discovered the game within the past few months to catch up to those that discovered it two years ago, and that just isn't much fun for those of us that cannot help the fact that we didn't hear of this game earlier.
20/10 love world resets.
blinx

Postby jorb » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:11 am

blinx wrote:I like the payment model, I think it's very fair and provides reasonable benefits for the investment, but not benefits so OP that people who don't pay can't compete. I think it's very well structured and sensibly designed, which is an opinion I hold of most of the rest of the game's design.

10/10 would buy again, will buy more sub, and my wife a verified account soon too.
Good job J&L. Much love.

EDIT: And without data wipes
A) They couldn't introduce new features as effectively, some not at all
B) The game would grow stale as fuck
C) There would pretty much never be the opportunity for players who discovered the game within the past few months to catch up to those that discovered it two years ago, and that just isn't much fun for those of us that cannot help the fact that we didn't hear of this game earlier.
20/10 love world resets.

Thank you, means a lot! <3
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas