P2P plan

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Jorb betrayed himself

Postby ydex » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:31 am

no, I ike that is was free. I would have never started playing if it weren't. Same goes for alot of ppl I have played with over the years.
Last edited by ydex on Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
bold
ydex

Postby Aperson » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:38 am

what about 2017
It is nice to rest your weary bones from time to time. It is nice to lay down your burdens. It is nice to have a seat.
Aperson

Postby ydex » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:40 am

Aperson wrote:what about 2017

what about it? :O
bold
ydex

Postby Aperson » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:41 am

ydex wrote:
Aperson wrote:what about 2017

what about it? :O

what happens
It is nice to rest your weary bones from time to time. It is nice to lay down your burdens. It is nice to have a seat.
Aperson

Re: P2P plan

Postby Kaios » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:52 pm

I think the closest thing we have to pay to win would be the tokens. I really dislike the effect they have on trading in that some players will want only tokens unlike in the past where compromises could be made when accepting other in-game materials. Mostly I view them as pay to win because technically any player can come along in the middle of the world, offer up some tokens and be at a similar or higher level than majority of players who started from the beginning.
Kaios

Postby popfor » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:19 pm

The whole pay to win broke a lot of novelty/trade system that haven originally had, and is generally a buzzkill, effectively making all your hard work worth slightly less and less as time goes on. report jorbtar for aboose,.,. rize abuv!1! Fredom of the people,.,. Paying removes a realistic player controlled community which jorb had stated in 1964 was the goal in building the game, which i also enjoyed because i was unable to find anything like it anywhere else. /rant maybe

Pay 2 play or no pay at all.,!
but youd also need a bigger community to do str8 pay play
chekmate
Image Image
my avatar is stolen without permission
#badboysclub
popfor

Location: E̹̙̺̬̖͈̘̭̙̘̔̈́̍͆͌̋̊̈́̀̎d̡̨̺̠̠̜̲̹͕̯̑̀͂͂̈̇̿̏͝͝g̨̙̻̼͎͖̱͔̗͙̐̅̇͗̈́̔͛̌̌͠ŷ͔̼͓̺̮̪̫̙̬̐͊̀́̊͆͝͝͝ͅ

Postby Kaios » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:43 pm

popfor wrote:The whole pay to win broke a lot of novelty/trade system that haven originally had, and is generally a buzzkill, effectively making all your hard work worth slightly less and less as time goes on.

What? Your post is really confusing popfor, I just don't think tokens should be a thing. If they want to add more cosmetic items that players might be interested in trading for sure that's cool but I really truly dislike the token trading meta
Kaios

Postby Glorthan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:05 pm

Kaios wrote:
popfor wrote:The whole pay to win broke a lot of novelty/trade system that haven originally had, and is generally a buzzkill, effectively making all your hard work worth slightly less and less as time goes on.

What? Your post is really confusing popfor, I just don't think tokens should be a thing. If they want to add more cosmetic items that players might be interested in trading for sure that's cool but I really truly dislike the token trading meta

Didn't people used to rwt in legacy anyway? I also think the prevalence of token trading isn't very enjoyable, but it does alleviate many rwt related issues.
Glorthan

Postby Kaios » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:36 pm

Glorthan wrote:Didn't people used to rwt in legacy anyway? I also think the prevalence of token trading isn't very enjoyable, but it does alleviate many rwt related issues.

True but that is also something jorb and loftar frowned upon and as far as I know even disallowed on this forum. You were not (and possibly still are not) allowed to advertise your goods in Apples for Oranges as a sale of real money trading, same for selling accounts, etc. and I recall two major reasons for this: Scams and the fact that the money was not going to jorb and loftar directly but to a third party.

Now however we have tokens which allow jorb and loftar to direct RMT trades in to their bank account and is considerably less risky for the person trading a token instead of sending money through paypal but in my opinion this results in a worse overall environment for in-game trading.
Kaios

Postby Hasta » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:18 pm

Kaios wrote:a worse overall environment for in-game trading.

This. If you're a well-developed player ready for high-tier trade, unless you represent a faction in need of constant supply of various resources - metals, curios, hides etc. - you have no interest in trading other than for subtokens. Personal trades excluded, ofcourse; I'm talking mostly about AFO section advertisements.
Hasta

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas