P2P plan

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: P2P plan

Postby Glorthan » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:59 am

Rapidz wrote:I think the problem here is that that you guys have put a time lock on players when a ton of in-game features require a fair bit of time.

You can argue that you can look at how much time your things will take but no game should require a timetable to efficiently play it, What I would recommend at the very least is an hour a day instead 7 a week... that way you don't screw over someone who leaves their room and forgets to close the game out of being able to play the next day.

I completely agree that many aspects of the game are very tedious, repetitive and time consuming, tying in with the threads cropping up with people complaining about bots, and also causing vexation for players without subscriptions due to the large amount of semi-afk "playing" required for tasks.

But your suggestion of an hour a day I disagree with. Not everyone can play each day; some people can only play on weekends, and a daily allowance would hinder them greatly. There are clients with auto logout when afk features, for example purus-pasta.
Glorthan

Postby Granger » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:11 pm

Rapidz wrote:I think the problem here is that that you guys have put a time lock on players when a ton of in-game features require a fair bit of time.

You can argue that you can look at how much time your things will take but no game should require a timetable to efficiently play it, What I would recommend at the very least is an hour a day instead 7 a week... that way you don't screw over someone who leaves their room and forgets to close the game out of being able to play the next day.

So at midnight every day you get filled up to 1h?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby FerrousToast » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:57 pm

Granger wrote:

So at midnight every day you get filled up to 1h?

you know, I think that could be a really good idea. would alleviate people wondering when they get their topping up, wouldn't change the rate at which time was given, and could even perhaps experiment with a cap of 10 for free and 20 for verified, so that non paying players who want to take a little break, or binge play can have a touch more breathing room to do so. would also make it much more clear, if stating you get 7 hours a week (one a day) and you have a cap of ten, so newbs will stop sitting on even hours patiently awaiting their refills back to what they got when they opened the account.
FerrousToast

Postby Rapidz » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:50 pm

To clarify my post that I wrote whilst still quite drowsy, I indeed mean that we get +1 hour per day up to a limit... even if that is as low as the 7 we get currently on a per week basis.

If you were only able to play once a week the math would work out the same as it does now as you would have 6/7 hours waiting for you when you came back, or I am guessing higher if you were a verfied account.

The whole afk thing was merely a hypothetical situation as I don't imagine every new player of this game downloads clients within their first few days of playing, or maybe they do but it is hardly the point.

Another thing is and I don't know if it exists already, It has been quite a few years since I played, is some sort of timer in a menu somewhere that tells me how much time I have left would be pretty helpful.

My suggestion is by no means my ideal but I would say that it benefits both the devs and the players to do it in such a way... I can't imagine retaining a potential continuing player after not letting them play for a potential 6 or so days is very easy.
Rapidz

Postby Glorthan » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:40 pm

Yeah I like that suggestion, not sure why I thought you meant up to a 1hr cap instead of 7hr cap.
Glorthan

Postby August » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:05 pm

There are 94 hearthlings playing.
August

Postby Slemssnk » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:10 pm

August wrote:There are 94 hearthlings playing.

There are 74 hearthlings playing.
I do not play from the opening because it's too expensive for my country,and i have 37:32:23 Play Time remaining on my account.
P.s. Mother Russia
1$ = 77,34 Rub :|
Slemssnk

Postby dervel1 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:19 pm

There are 24 hearthlings playing.

Among these, there are 10 from Russian Federation, 3 from France, 2 from United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, 2 from Sweden, and 2 from Ukraine.
dervel1

Postby jorb » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:47 pm

Do note: This is not the server status thread.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Carebear » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:01 pm

jorb wrote:Do note: This is not the server status thread.

2 weeks of no game is torture, posts will drop when we get a game to play I bet....

but back to the topic at hand, any chance you will possibly announce more of the new world details before release? Not asking for it all, but maybe an announcement thread of what you are leaning towards now that we have had a week of theorycrafting? Or even some indication if you think you are going to stick with the initial post details?
Harvesting carrots
Carebear

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas