Calmly Discuss Concerns Here:

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Calmly Discuss Concerns Here:

Postby Apprehensive » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 pm

I'm going to open with this: A chunk of you should be ashamed. These Devs have been working on this game for quite some time to make their vision come true, and we're welcoming in this change with insults being tossed at them, bashing their newest patch (which you haven't even played yet) and hurling racial slurs/profanities around. That is no way to get anything accomplished.

With this new update comes a lot of change: A new play model being the most prominent at the moment.

I'm sure none of us are fans of the P2P model, especially when it comes from a long-time F2P game. I openly ask Jorb and Loftar (and any other's I'm forgetting) why you chose to go this route? Have you ever considered an initial one-time payment deal? Asking a player to pay to play a character that could die at any moment and they have to start over is a lot to ask. I'm well aware that you have also included the 12 hours a month for free aspect, but don;t you think this might hinder a lot of players from sticking around?

If anyone has any other thoughts or concerns on this, please post them here, or elsewhere, but in a civil manner. Biting the hand that feeds, as well as spitting out what it gave you won't get anything accomplished.

[EDIT]

My apologies to Sabinati, who made a post about subsequent posts about P2P: The posts were created while I was making this one.
Last edited by Apprehensive on Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And twas then that the Hearthlings lived side by side with the Boars that Jesus had most gracously set ablaze. And Bobo-Fet was intrigued." - Hearth, 7:32

World 3 - Present
Apprehensive

Re: Calmly Discuss Concerns Here:

Postby chrisrock » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:14 pm

Apprehensive wrote:I'm going to open with this: A chunk of you should be ashamed. These Devs have been working on this game for quite some time to make their vision come true, and we're welcoming in this change with insults being tossed at them, bashing their newest patch (which you haven't even played yet) and hurling racial slurs/profanities around. That is no way to get anything accomplished.

With this new update comes a lot of change: A new play model being the most prominent at the moment.

I'm sure none of us are fans of the P2P model, especially when it comes from a long-time F2P game. I openly ask Jorb and Loftar (and any other's I'm forgetting) why you chose to go this route? Have you ever considered an initial one-time payment deal? Asking a player to pay to play a character that could die at any moment and they have to start over is a lot to ask. I'm well aware that you have also included the 12 hours a month for free aspect, but don;t you think this might hinder a lot of players from sticking around?

If anyone has any other thoughts or concerns on this, please post them here, or elsewhere, but in a civil manner. Biting the hand that feeds, as well as spitting out what it gave you won't get anything accomplished.

they should've at least said something about it being p2p?
chrisrock

Postby Apprehensive » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:16 pm

Well, now I'm seeing something about it being a joke. I'm gonna have this thread deleted if that's the case. Don't want to be responsible for adding kindling to something.
"And twas then that the Hearthlings lived side by side with the Boars that Jesus had most gracously set ablaze. And Bobo-Fet was intrigued." - Hearth, 7:32

World 3 - Present
Apprehensive

Postby taxaso » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:17 pm

no lol they just hyped everyone up and then bam the dumbest thing a human being could think of
if this isnt some sort of joke, this crappy game will have at best, 50 players
taxaso

Postby chrisrock » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:17 pm

Apprehensive wrote:Well, now I'm seeing something about it being a joke. I'm gonna have this thread deleted if that's the case. Don't want to be responsible for adding kindling to something.

I WANT TO BELIEVE
chrisrock

Postby Boomboxfm » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:18 pm

A friend of mine was right, someone somewhere in the world would defend this P2P atrocity.

They can simply open a donations thing, look at BYOND for example. They easily reach 500 dollars every month through donations.
Boomboxfm

Postby hawkflak » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:18 pm

Account status:
Free acount with 47:55:41 Play Time remaining.
English is not my mother tongue
hawkflak

Postby Denkar » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:20 pm

Boomboxfm wrote:A friend of mine was right, someone somewhere in the world would defend this P2P atrocity.

They can simply open a donations thing, look at BYOND for example. They easily reach 500 dollars every month through donations.

They already had a "donation thing" you retard, evidently they made no money out of it
Denkar

Postby Apprehensive » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:21 pm

Denkar wrote:
Boomboxfm wrote:A friend of mine was right, someone somewhere in the world would defend this P2P atrocity.

They already had a "donation thing" you retard, evidently they made no money out of it

None of that, please.

World 3 - Present
Apprehensive

Postby Projeear » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:21 pm

Grand Walker of World 1 (w1).
Ex-Lawspeaker of New London, Deadwood and New Deadwood (w3).
Witness of the World 4 Great Explosion (w4).
Ex-Lawspeaker of Gregminster (w5).
Ex-Lawspeaker of Laketown (w6).
Squatter and Rebuilder of Templus Pacis (w6).
Hermit thereafter.
Lawspeaker of Tachbrookshire (Hafen 2)
Projeear

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas