Pay agreement.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Pay agreement.

Postby thinman » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:59 am

We need to stop complaning and work out an agreement, complaining won't go anywhere.

How much are overhead cost to run this server? can you outsource them?

What percentage of the monthly sub goes into your pockets?

How many players do you expect to retain after the 48 hours paywall kicks in?

You guys have spent alot of time into this, it would be stupid to see this game go to waste.
thinman

Re: Pay agreement.

Postby Cartion » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:04 am

All of our time was lost as the world was reset...
Cartion

Postby Ferinex » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:10 am

Price is determined by supply and demand, not by value/cost/SNLT. You are also in literally no position to negotiate. You can either accept the offered price, or not play. You could also make an offer as to what you think is fair. $10 per month is already a seemingly low price.
i guess they never miss huh
Ferinex

Postby thinman » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:59 am

Yeah well I'm trying to prevent the deterrence of players at initial launch. As soon as players decide not to play, there is a small chance of them coming back even though pricing has improved and with a games playerbase of 1k we do have some power to sway to creators.

What would they rather? 1k players paying $5/month or 100 players paying $15/month.
thinman

Postby Ferinex » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:26 am

thinman wrote:What would they rather? 1k players paying $5/month or 100 players paying $15/month.

I believe the number of buyers who will be attracted at $10/month is exactly what they are trying to figure out. It might seem unintuitive, but the goal isn't to attract the most players. The goal is to create the largest amount of revenue within the confines of supply: in this case, server time (or possibly network load). If they can successfully handle 500 players at a given time, and also know the approximate portion of the total player-base which will be active at peak time, they can calculate how many paying members they can handle. Then, they simply adjust the price until the actual number of paying members is around the target player-base size. At greater prices, demand will be lower. At lower prices, demand will be higher. Haven will be generating a particular revenue stream at a given price point: it's possible by then charging more, they will have less players but greater total revenue. It's also possible they are unable to generate a revenue stream large enough to cover costs & labor. In that case Hafen is simply a failure or in need of greater investment.
i guess they never miss huh
Ferinex

Return to Critique & Ideas