In order to give fair criticism.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

In order to give fair criticism.

Postby Evaris » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:05 am

I've noticed a lot of backlash for this game, and I wanted to give some input if I may.

My main criticism with the move to p2p is not in that it is p2p, but rather it lacks two things, new player draw, and value.

In terms of new player draw, I as a new player was going to try this game with a group of friends who had been hyped for quite some time. However, the low amount of free hours when first trying the game seems just.. too low. There is not enough time, with 24 hours of game time, to become "sold' on the game, and emotionally invested. Usually titles which I and those I have observed playing games that truly become regular players tend to invest ~50 hours or so of gametime before they decide that it will be a long-term investment. So I felt this is something to bring up.

Secondly, value just doesn't seem to be there for this game. The price this game is asking strikes me to be basically the same as Eve online, a title with vast amounts of content, is well established, and the servers are top-of-the-line. I'd be fine with paying a subscription of say, $3-5 / month if I'm paying by the year, maybe $10 / month if I'm paying monthly at the most, if I were to give an honest opinion of what I as an individual would be willing to pay for a game like this were I to find myself interested.

I wish the best for the game and the team.
Evaris

Re: In order to give fair criticism.

Postby Pleeb » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:09 am

Seems levelheaded
Pleeb

Return to Critique & Ideas