Reactions to store reactions

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Reactions to store reactions

Postby Granger » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:31 am

jongre wrote:I'm fine with the monthly subscription, I'd love to support the developers as I (and many others) love Haven and Hearth. But the thing I can't get past is the price. You're asking $15 a month, which is on par with other MMO's, but Haven and Hearth is still in alpha and it doesn't have the same polish that other games such as EVE Online or World of Warcraft has.

I'm still probably going to shell out the cash, but I think $10 would be a much more fair price.

Scroll down to the subscriptions and you'll be at 10€ for a single month or 72€ for a year (6€/month if my math hasn't left me).
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby CheetosPotato » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:39 am

I'm just going to wait around until the price goes down to something reasonable. Maybe I'll use the free hours while I wait.

But honestly, if I was going to pay that much for a game, it would be World of Warcraft or something else my friends and family play. You know, something that doesn't crash every five minutes.
CheetosPotato

Postby MusicWarrior » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:44 am

It's fine loftar, game is amazing why not to pay for it. I can't imagine it yet, paying to play perma death game with bots when it was always 99% free, but it doesn't matter for me right now. Just tell me please, why the hell u said nothing? Some people took a day off to play haven, then we get 1 week delay, some people, me for example, moved all meetings to other days to play again, then we wait again until midnight to play haven which appears pay2play. I have mixed feelings, not about system, and p2p haven, but your behaviour. You see how many players are mad and call all this situation a "shit". Why you said nothing?
jorb wrote:We value our customers greatly.

jorb wrote:Kindly fuck off.

Have a good day. :)
MusicWarrior

Postby Redlaw » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:47 am

IMVU you can pay 75 bucks us for premium a year if you use credit card or 100 bucks us if you use there gaming gift cars (which is how I pay for it). The base game is 100% free ya the 3d avatars are not easy to perfect in some ways, and not paying makes it well, you can buy other peoples in game items (which the makers of the game get a %). But thats another model, one that idk it if makes sences here thats the issue, if H&H poped out with gift cards at my local store or got a facee book connection, I been likely well telling people how good the game is like I did before.
Redlaw

Postby Smurfsrule » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:55 am

MusicWarrior wrote:It's fine loftar, game is amazing why not to pay for it. I can't imagine it yet, paying to play perma death game with bots when it was always 99% free, but it doesn't matter for me right now. Just tell me please, why the hell u said nothing? Some people took a day off to play haven, then we get 1 week delay, some people, me for example, moved all meetings to other days to play again, then we wait again until midnight to play haven which appears pay2play. I have mixed feelings, not about system, and p2p haven, but your behaviour. You see how many players are mad and call all this situation a "shit". Why you said nothing?

This is the biggest thing to me. I get you guys were afraid of backlash but you were going to get it anyways. The hype was so huge I almost took off work too, obviously glad I didn't now. How could you not see this reaction coming? Players online have already dropped over 50% since the server came up, and while some of that is time zone related, I can guarantee you a lot is due to this pay system. My whole group of 10 or so immediately lost interest seeing it. I might have played with a small one time payment but you have to understand a typical subscription service won't work in a game like this due to it's unique nature of being both permadeath and attracting all the trolls and griefers on the internet. I don't mind there being a bunch of assholes that play the game because it's so enjoyable despite them, but I'm certainly not paying every month to play with them, especially since I usually rage quit after my village is ransacked.
Smurfsrule

Postby painhertz » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:57 am

I'm perfectly happy with the variety of pay models and much like Loftar, am stunned at the amount of anger. they clearly said well over a year ago that it would be monetized. Now, did i expect it monetized from launch? No. I figured it would be a few weeks or a few months before that. I, for one, look forward to a game NOT overrun by bots and angry children out to ruin everyone elses fun. I look forward to those of you who after 5 years of an amazing free game are willing to support the Developers, to those that aren't? Hope to maybe see you in other games.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby Kubius » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:00 am

I'm not all that alienated by the fact that payment's required - I saw it coming and it's kind of necessary to keep H&H hosted and regularly updated, and it also provides a very nice bot wall.

I do, however, think that a few changes need to be made to the payment models' pricing and benefits (I outlined the basics here: http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=39981) before I'd consider buying a permanent membership or subscription. A shift to a weekly replenishment on either Friday or Monday (and a greater replenishment) would help a lot with this.

The "play time" model is a really cool thing IMO because it deters bots, you simply have too little play time as a free or even paid player. 14 hours a week for free players is enough for "casual" players, 28 hours a week is enough for most people ($15 one time purchase rank), and 70 hours a week from a $5/mo subscription would sate all but the most insane / robotic H&H players. You have a lot of potential with this model and I'd love to see it developed.
Damonkaninchen: rest in peace. Betrayed and attacked.
Kubius

Postby Vyrax » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:21 am

Hello everyone, first up i have to excuse myself for the maybe bad english.

I am dissapointed. I guess this line fits it very well how i feel right now. But first, let me tell you my story. I followed this game for roughly two years now, tryed again and again to bring my Friends to the game so we can have a fun tme together, they allways complained about the Graphics. Well two weeks ago i showed them the new graphics and they wanted to try it. Well you know the story of the release date and time.

So we waited in Team Speak together when finally everything went up online and we all noticed a shop button, we quickly agree „the developers deserve their money!“ and i even talked about tipping a few bucks per month because why not ? I could tip as much i can afford and how much i think the devs deserve or need at the current time.

Let me continue the story out of my perspective. The first thing i saw was a new Shop with Style Items a „PLEX“ a verification AND a monthly subscription for 10 bucks (wasnt it 15 bucks when the shop first launched?).

I was getting a little bit nervous about that and checked the Forums, luckly someone bought something, posted the picture of the Troll Face shop page and it was „ok“ for me, These two guys are making a not so funny joke after the community went all apeshit in the Forums for about 24 hours.

After my 4 hour Session with several crashes an unstable Server and typical MMO startup hickups i checked the Forum again and the thing i saw made me Angry and sad. They are serious, they want to keep the subscription style.

So lets analyse it a little bit deeper.

10 bucks a Month is a lot of money, esp. When AAA titles mostly want 10 or 15 bucks aswell. In a game with a monthly subscription i want to see a few things and the last thing i want to see are microtransactions. Seriously, you cant ask your community to pay 3 different models of a subscription and ask them if they want style items for a little bit more.

Sadly i've played enought F2P Games to see where this is going. Ater the Character creation i saw a lot more microtransactions, what about new hairstyles, colors and so on ? Probably microtransactions. Sigh.

The worst of all is the communication between Developer and Community. Every though it would be Free2Play, maybe a cosmetic shop (which would've been fine or awesome) but a Pay 2 Play model out of nowhere is a little bit to much.

For 5 bucks without microtransactions i would've subbed today without seeing much of the Game but in this current State im not sure i want to take my remaing 44 hours.

Sigh, sorry for the wall of text, maybe someone can feel with me or maybe the developer understands my frustration about this whole situation. I gonna go to bed now, it's 7am, this whole thing held me awake way to long anyways.

Deep inside i still hope its some form of Joke or a social experiment.
Vyrax

Postby CheetosPotato » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:25 am

Vyrax wrote:Deep inside i still hope its some form of Joke or a social experiment.

I do too. I keep feeling that the moment they wake up, they're gonna tell us that it was all an elaborate prank. I doubt that would happen, as people have already bought subscriptions, but still... Poor kids gotta have hope, eh?
CheetosPotato

Postby Oddity » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:32 am

Kubius wrote:I'm not all that alienated by the fact that payment's required - I saw it coming and it's kind of necessary to keep H&H hosted and regularly updated, and it also provides a very nice bot wall.

I do, however, think that a few changes need to be made to the payment models' pricing and benefits (I outlined the basics here: http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=39981) before I'd consider buying a permanent membership or subscription. A shift to a weekly replenishment on either Friday or Monday (and a greater replenishment) would help a lot with this.

Agree
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas