Why the new P2P system is essentially worthless for devs

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Why the new P2P system is essentially worthless for devs

Postby Amanlu » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:18 am

Aaaand have you counted in the alts? I've been playing in a village where every person had AT LEAST 5 alts? Cook, lumberjack, farmer, 2x Figters? etc. These 1000-900 playerbase after the updates should be cut at least by half. In MY opinion they are too greedy. If they would lower the price down to 5$ then ok, i would pay it, but if it'll remain as it is, then nope. I don't have 56PLN = 15$ ATM to throw away at them. I have an job which is like 9PLN per hour, for 8 hours daily. I don't want to work for half a day ( It's not easy job to do ) Just to play a game full of bugs, game where you lose everything, or if you're getting raided, paying enemy will just "Besiege you" untill you run out of food ( Gametime ) And then they will take everything they can, that is not fair. Leave the cosmetic things, add some clothes with no effect on player, but the looks. That would be fine. Usually if the game is good, and ok then i buy it. When i were a bit "Less experienced" at how bad devs can be ( Hello CodeHatch ) I am even less encouraged to pay them for the game.
Amanlu

Postby Antioch » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:36 am

The problem is not monetizing the game it is that it was never announced that it would be monetized with the relaunch

You don't hype a relaunch and 'forget' to mention that the game is transitioning to a p2p model.

How do you not see the backlash coming when the expectation is that it will be free to play like it always was.

It is basically PR suicide to not announce such a critical switch in how the game operates.

Also the business model is rather poor. Virtually all new MMO's have stepped away from subscription models and now offer a free to play game with benefits such as extra xp, cosmetics and conveniences to paying customers.
Antioch

Postby MrBober » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:19 pm

TeckXKnight wrote:Depending on how we're defining active playerbase, but it's likely closer to 20,000 users. Mind you that it's not 20,000 online at one time, but throughout a month that's about how many unique players log on.

How many of those 20,000 users are double accounts? Because to be fair, everyone I knew from old H&H had from 2 to 6 account, feeding them curios, using them as key alts or for simple tasks (e.g. cutting down a lot of trees). And none of them used bots, which I'm sure is another big number..

Nobody would pay subscriptions for every secondary account..
MrBober

Postby dullah » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:22 pm

like we say in France :
tout travail mérite salaire
dullah

Postby Hardsun » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:58 pm

The problem is not subs system - but the costs. They charge too much for the level of product they have (especially when there are so many games coming out).
5$ subs would be more reasonable... and please dont do B2P - you will need to run servers even when B2P money runs out. Only subs, tokens, vanity and donations.

Overall im up for this as it lets game updates and cut alts and bot a lot. Also - go Steam as soon as its stable and you have funds for servers.
Hardsun

Postby Amanlu » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:47 pm

Antioch wrote:The problem is not monetizing the game it is that it was never announced that it would be monetized with the relaunch

You don't hype a relaunch and 'forget' to mention that the game is transitioning to a p2p model.

How do you not see the backlash coming when the expectation is that it will be free to play like it always was.

It is basically PR suicide to not announce such a critical switch in how the game operates.

Also the business model is rather poor. Virtually all new MMO's have stepped away from subscription models and now offer a free to play game with benefits such as extra xp, cosmetics and conveniences to paying customers.

That have made me mad too. I was expecting it to be free, or at most some kind of items just for look. And the most important thing, they have hyped the game, all these trailers, horse riding, new graphics and all. They have showed us the changes, talked about them and at the end they want to say "Whoops, we forgot to tell you that it's going to pe P2P ? What the actual f***. It's like buying a car, you go a long way, you're happy because of looks of it, and then you realize it just "Looks" great.
Amanlu

Postby Händler » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:00 pm

- unstable server
- unbalanced game
- devs are obvious dicks if they didnt mention the p2p model
- all sort of unwanted elements of salem in haven after everyone say they not like salem
- cant play with buddies
- only assholes sizing their epeen play
- permadeath
- TeckXKnight is obvious dick say that old haven is free indefinetely when its not

no thanks i give my money to devs that are not complete dicks.
Händler

Postby burgingham » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:27 pm

Antioch wrote:The problem is not monetizing the game it is that it was never announced that it would be monetized with the relaunch.

Yes, it was. Could have just been more obvious I guess.

Händler wrote:- unstable server
- unbalanced game
- devs are obvious dicks if they didnt mention the p2p model
- all sort of unwanted elements of salem in haven after everyone say they not like salem
- cant play with buddies
- only assholes sizing their epeen play
- permadeath
- TeckXKnight is obvious dick say that old haven is free indefinetely when its not

no thanks i give my money to devs that are not complete dicks.

- What's unbalanced?
- What unwanted elements? So far I enjoy all the mechanics, a lot have been improved tons.
. The assholes with the e-peen sizing are exactly the same guys that do not want to pay for a game. You got it the wrong way round there. All the mature and nice players I am in contact with have absolutely no issues with the new game or payment model.
- Yes this is a permadeath game? It is one of the main features. It is not for everyone, but you know what you are getting into beforehand.
-TeckX is a mod. We do not work for the devs or anything. We did not have ANY more information than you guys. So do not blame him for anything.
burgingham

Postby jorb » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:43 pm

Amanlu wrote:That have made me mad too. I was expecting it to be free, or at most some kind of items just for look. And the most important thing, they have hyped the game, all these trailers, horse riding, new graphics and all. They have showed us the changes, talked about them and at the end they want to say "Whoops, we forgot to tell you that it's going to pe P2P ? What the actual f***. It's like buying a car, you go a long way, you're happy because of looks of it, and then you realize it just "Looks" great.

It's like buying a car, only you never did buy anything, did you? In fact, isn't your whole argument with this particular car the fact that it isn't free?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby ddraig » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:47 pm

jorb wrote:
Amanlu wrote:That have made me mad too. I was expecting it to be free, or at most some kind of items just for look. And the most important thing, they have hyped the game, all these trailers, horse riding, new graphics and all. They have showed us the changes, talked about them and at the end they want to say "Whoops, we forgot to tell you that it's going to pe P2P ? What the actual f***. It's like buying a car, you go a long way, you're happy because of looks of it, and then you realize it just "Looks" great.

It's like buying a car, only you never did buy anything, did you? In fact, isn't your whole argument with this particular car the fact that it isn't free?

you have skipped basic economy classes in school, dont ya?
~hava naagila
ddraig

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas